Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Let's get this out of the way.... *long*

OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 1:35 PM
There's usually a monthly "Store rep vs. Customer Service" post in here. Let's get it over with. I'll start off both sides with the preliminary punches, and cheap shots. Also, if you take ANY of this seriously... well... then it will speak volumes about your sense of humor.

Customer Service Reps = Filled with tards who can barely manage to turn doorknobs correctly (have you ever seen a Call Center with true door knobs? There's a reason there isn't any to be found...) Typically noted for sending customers to stores with false promises, exaggerated claims, free items, and to just plain get the customer off the line. Other fallacies are extended periods of useless hold with no information when they return, not listening to anything you say...
(continues)
liquidfire

Mar 22, 2008, 1:42 PM
hoq dare you talk about agents that way! you dont know me, i dont do any of that. i am a good rep. you are the one that lies to custies all the time. yada, yada, yada,....j/k 🙂

my true response is 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

i totally agree with those are good generalizations. while there are "a few good men" in each category, most of them fit your description pretty well. but you forgot that the CSR's cannot ever under any circumstance deviate from their script. their head may explode if they tried to.

also, store reps cant tell a cust no, they just tell them to call CS. and retention reps will do whatever the cust says just b/c and that makes the rest of us look bad because we stuck to policy and actually said NO...
(continues)
ucantbeserious

Mar 22, 2008, 10:13 PM
lol i agree with your reply, the only thing i have to correct though is the part about the script, now thats not always true for the american rep but its 150% true for the reps in the philippeans!!!!! ahhhhh makes my head wanna explode just thinking about talking to them!
woodywoody500

Mar 23, 2008, 2:42 AM
actually, at my call center (yes i am a csr, go ahead witht the boo's) we really don't have a script. the only thing that is scritped is our greeting and the contract acceptance verification. the rest is up to the individual rep whether or not they will make small talk while they take care of the issue. personally i think small talk is great beacause i don't have to worry about being silent for too long(yes we get a strike on our QAs if we are silent too long) and it build report with the customer who is then more likely to accept adding a feature to an account if they need it and we offer it. though, sometimes small talk can bite us in th a$$ too especially with custies who think we are the devil and want nothing to do with us. oh and you f...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 1:58 PM
I only sell phonees to people interested. I think of how I would like to be treated if I was a customer. I wouldn't want anybody adding a line on my grandmothers account if she didn't need it I've seen many people be taken advantage of, those people who do that are unfortunately the people that sprint caters to and awards because they're the top salesmen. Sprint doesn't care how they get the sale just get it. Mainly it's 2rd party places that are the headaches. One time this guy went to change his phone number and they canceled his line and added a new number on his account. So guess what I had to deal with all day because someone else screwed up. Not only that I'm also a telemarketer they have us doing these salesforces calls which are a dr...
(continues)
UOQuack

Mar 22, 2008, 4:23 PM
Having worked as a customer service rep in computers, an agent in cell phones, and a corporate sales drone elsewhere, I can say these generalizations are all generally true, and generally speaking, I'm deeply offended by all of them. Generally.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:09 PM
exactly UOQuack,That's how I feel. Even if it isn't directed towards you it's still downright rude and disrespectful.

Question

If someone says retail reps cant read VS
someone saying I can't stand reps that can't read Which one is generalized?

To me the first one because it's making it seem like ALL retail reps cannot read

The 2nd one would offend those people who actually cannot read you're not completely generalizing.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:15 PM
MizzSprint said:
Stop sending customers to the store to return things without return authorization, and ask questions if they got the phone from radioshack tell them to go back to RS.

Now, I'm not an expert on 'generalization' or anything... but uh... seems like it to me.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:22 PM
U forgot the important part. I was talking to those people that actually send people to the store without the form pay attention my next post will have the whole quote.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:26 PM
If it was intended to be part of the entire thing, then it should not have had a period (".") at the end. A period is the punctuation assigned to readers to let them know the sentence, thought, or statement was ended. A capital letter after a period indicates to readers that a new sentence, thought, or statement is beginning.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:28 PM
I can't stand CS reps that tells customers to go into the store to work magic. We cannot do every thing, just like you can't. Stop sending customers to the store to return things without return authorization, and ask questions if they got the phone from radioshack tell them to go back to RS.

Here's where I seperated the generalization.
(I can't stand CS reps that tells customers to go into the store to work magic)
I pointed out the people I was talking to so that meant anything after that was for those people I pointed out.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:30 PM
I didn't say I can't stand WHEN CS Reps tell customers to go to the store. DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:36 PM
So... you're telling me then it took you over 5 hours to finally comprehend what you wanted to say in the original post? Jeeze. No wonder your location is slow. Matches the employees.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:39 PM
WOW YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME U WERE THE IDIOT THAT SAID I WAS GENERALIZING!

I see u hate to be proven wrong just blame on me. Loser!

Also and If I'm slow you must be also because if I can remember you replied the last 5 hrs straight.
Chaos

Mar 22, 2008, 5:45 PM
Walk away from the keyboard. Go smoke. Or maybe drink? Not for you? Deep Breath then. This is just an internet forum 🙂
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:50 PM
Chaos like I said earlier It's making my day go by. I could care less about anything when 8pm hits.
Chaos

Mar 22, 2008, 6:01 PM
I'm just on the sidelines commenting on everything, thats all. 🤣

Its saturday, its time to party. hour and a half to go....
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:49 PM
Now, now... there's no need to e-yell. Obviously I responded over the last few hours or else we wouldn't be having this post, now would we. Maybe you should quit your job and open up a Detective Agency, what with all the detective skills you have.

What, do you think I have something better to do, like work? Pft. Nah, not me.

But hey, YOU were the one complaining about being generalized, not me, right?
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:54 PM
I might take ur advice and become a detective. But maybe u should become proctologist so u can train to get the broom out of ur a$$.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:58 PM
So THAT'S what that meant? You sick, sick girl. You make Chuck Norris sad. 😢 😢 😢
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:59 PM
lame comeback!
woodywoody500

Mar 23, 2008, 2:54 AM
i can't stand COR retail reps telling customers to call cust service. i know for one that our cor reps can do everything we can and more except bill eq to the account instead of charging it upfront, and cancelling an account.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:49 PM
Also if you comprehended in the first place we wouldn't be here now would we. here 4 sylls Ur a degenerate.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 5:57 PM
And it only took you 5 hours and 43 minutes to do it. You'll get better some day. I have taken the liberty of sending you a new copy of "Let's Learn Basic English".

It will help you now with those nasty spelling errors (or you can just click "Check Spelling" on the bottom, but I'm afraid it won't help you with grammar.)

If you want, I can also send you "Typing clearly and coherently is for wusses" if you want to go back to how you were.
MizzSprint

Mar 22, 2008, 5:58 PM
How about I pay for u to get that stick removed from ur a$$ deal?
dualitycomplex

Mar 22, 2008, 9:38 PM
hah i just got a chance to do goof off stuff at work today been slammed and this made me laugh, all of it, not just the joke but the responses, its kinda like if you put a star wars kid next to a star trek kid and yell spok sucks, no yoda sucks and hide behind a trash can and watch the $h!t $t0rM hit hah. I'm glad i'm part of the black sheep catagory, corp. is way to stuffy, and if i had to read a script all day my eyes would most likely melt. Indirect aint so bad, course i work as a premium agent and not authorized agent so whatever, all i can about is the fact, i can go to work and not have to go off some cookie cutter routine and worry about getting canned because i didnt sell enough text packages or what not. MizzSprint chill bizkit ...
(continues)
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 1:54 PM
OK. So although I really was the whole start of this spat, well, at least during this week. I am in agreeance with you on all 3.
I can laugh at this, why, because it's funny and does, (ut-oh) GENERALIZE most reps in all fields. There are a few decent ones in all areas, but frankly, if anyone has read any of my follow-ups, I WAS VENTING! SHEESH.
And honestly, MissSprint... you must be young because you are so easily offended about things that were not directed specifically towards you.
As chaos said.. take a breath.. and if you really are using this to just waste time, maybe you should find something else to waste your time since this obviously upsets you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.