Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

NPS poll

ajstrong

Mar 18, 2008, 3:39 PM
so, Big Red started a new program, that abolished the secret shop. NOW, they are relying on the "customer" and I say that with a belly-laugh, to tell them how each store is doing.

we are a small retailer, but we have good customer service. our NPS (Net Promoter Score) is in the toilet. toothless indirects that send their customers to usfor free phone book transfers, even though they KNOW we're a competitor, and and we charge for those services, they've sent people to us. They have fantastic scores, such that we're getting pressured b/c we "have a horrible score." based on traffic in the stores, and volume of activations, there's feasibly NO REASON why we're doing this piss-poor. UNLESS Big Red told all of us that we can use our sto...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Mar 18, 2008, 4:52 PM
I can't stand that new program. I can only dream that they will realize how retarded it is when majority of the forms that come back from the customers state something like "I LIKE THEM CAUSE THEY ANSWER MY PHONE CALL BY A REAL PERSON INSTEAD OF A MACHINE" or "PAYING MY BILL IS TOO HARD"

I mean, really. How does those types of statements help anything at all? I wouldn't have an issue with it, and it would work fantastic, except that most customers are completely insane/stupid/angry (or any combo of all 3) for this program to be effective.
llama

Mar 18, 2008, 5:26 PM
You should read the book "The Ultimate Question" by Fred Reichheld. It's the NPS primer. It makes alot of sense.

I prefer NPS over secret shopper in a heartbeat!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 20, 2008, 11:28 AM
It's a great system IN THEORY. The problem is the people they use NPS with.

With all the feedback forms we get in my Center, the sad reality is that 90% of them say something stupid like "I LIKED VZW UNTIL THEY CHARGED ME A LATE FEE" or "THEY CHANGED MY PLAN GOOD" or "I DON'T KNOW"

About 9% of the forms are just blank with just scores, and no verbatim, and 1% actually have something legible and intelligent on them.

The other problem I have with them is hardly any research is done in the actual account. The customer gives low scores because they did not get what they want, so they give the rep a bad score and no one does anything about it.

I think they're on the right track, but needs major improvements. I wouldn't care if the ...
(continues)
ajstrong

Mar 20, 2008, 1:00 PM
it's not just that, the survey is SO easy to fill out that if I PO'ed a fellow employee, he could look at my sales for the past week, month, whatever, and dial in ALOT of sh!t for me, just by pretending to be the customer. that's what's happening with alot of our competitors, and the sad thing is, no one either realizes, or cares. Our manager flips out if we get ONE score less than the top, b/c his superiors call and chew his a$$ out for the bad score, when it is as much customer confusion as anything. I hate it, personally, but am willing to go along so long as the secret shoppers are abolished.
ac4321

Mar 19, 2008, 1:35 PM
It's about the same for corporate stores with big yellow and black. Our store across town is just a sales only location. Every day we have customers that come to us because that store gave them the run around or messed something up or just didn't feel like doing something. So, we fix it and the customer goes on their way.

All day, every day, customers complain about third party places, vendors, telesales, etc but at the end of the month our CSAT is always in the hole despite fixing all the crap thrown our way by every other channel.

It makes me wonder if we should just smile and pretend ignorance as well and then we'd get more decent csat surveys.
😕
Knightlyjay

Mar 20, 2008, 3:04 AM
The other side of this is that V does listen to these comments. The ability to change price plans without affecting contract dates was one of the NPS comments most heard last year, so it happened. Also the revised lost/stolen no insurance program and a couple of others. Some of the customers do leave fairly bizarre comments and the reps that pimp themselves out get the highest scores (one of the worst reps in my area consistently has 18-20 promoters and no detractors because he only gives the little sticker to the ones who don't have a problem) but the changes, they are a coming.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.