Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

To those who work in a kiosk...

TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 2:26 PM
I would like to see if anyone else has this problem...

The mall in which our kiosk is located opens every morning except for Sunday at 10am. Always has, more than likely always will. I come to work roughly about 9am...that gives me about an hour to take the deposit and count inventory.
This would be plenty of time. Unless of coarse you factor in every idiot who has to ask what time the mall opens, if were open, or what time any given store in the mall opens.
I dont mind giving out directions now and then if I'm not busy. But, this is not my job...and when this interferes with me getting my job done this is when i get angry. Our lights are off and none of our merchandise is displayed what gave u the idea we were open? Store's have it e...
(continues)
ajstrong

Mar 17, 2008, 2:35 PM
grab a stapler, and a stack of general mall info signs. whenever someone interrupts you and asks one of those questions, staple a sheet of paper to their forehead. 😁

thankfully, my kiosk is within spitting distance of the MALL GUEST SERVICES (equipped with 200 ft lettering), so if people ask and are disappointed that I don't spend my off-hours mall-walking, I point them to the guest services. most people give dirty looks, but that's usually to cover the embarrassment.
T-Zag

Mar 17, 2008, 2:38 PM
Shotguns work well.
ac4321

Mar 17, 2008, 2:43 PM
T-Zag said:
Shotguns work well.

^^^ 28 Days Later style!
🤣

Honestly, nothing works. It's just one of the things to grin and bear about working in a kiosk. That part sucks, but it's generally a much more laid back job than a full store. I had to work at a kiosk that was our sister store for a while and it was like a paid vacation comparitively.
🤣
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 3:51 PM
True, it is quite laid back. You also get to people gaze, which can be anywhere from really hilarious to really disgusting.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2008, 4:02 PM
I could never do that. I work in a call center, but when I go to the mall, it's always filled with fat, disgusting people with clothes on that was WAY TOO SMALL. I could never sit there watching them stuffing their faces with fake Chinese food, loading up on MSG, making them waddle ever more slowly down the halls as they stop to catch their breath. 😡 😡 😡 😡
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 4:06 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
it's always filled with fat, disgusting people with clothes on that was WAY TOO SMALL. I could never sit there watching them stuffing their faces with fake Chinese food, loading up on MSG, making them waddle ever more slowly down the halls as they stop to catch their breath. 😡 😡 😡 😡

That's my impression of call center employees. Sorry. 😢
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2008, 4:16 PM
Have you worked in a Call Center?
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 4:22 PM
briefly, yes.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2008, 4:24 PM
If the Call Center you worked at was full of fat people waddling down the halls, then where you live has a serious issue.
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 4:36 PM
ok.
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 17, 2008, 6:50 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
If the Call Center you worked at was full of fat people waddling down the halls, then where you live has a serious issue.

Are you implying then, that Call Centers are full of young attractive sexy people?

If so, maybe I should switch. Because it's mostly fat, ugly, under dressed freak-o's.
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 6:53 PM
Thanks for the back-up!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 18, 2008, 2:43 PM
I said nothing of them being attractive, young, or sexy. None of those words really apply as whether or not someone is attractive, or sexy is your own opinion. As far as young? Most of the people in my center can be considered 'young', but again, this depends on your own opinion.

It's great how a rant about fat people in malls came to be a slam on call center employees from store agents with little to no experience being in a call center. Especially since I said nothing negative about stores/kiosks.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 4:08 PM
No more need to waddle. Some of them drive around in eletrical chairs...food in hand.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 17, 2008, 4:34 PM
Usually trailed by a legion of screaming, dirty brats.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 4:48 PM
Haha. There's a behemoth lady who drives around the mall. She usually has a little girl holding on for dear life on the back of the chair. We work next to the food court and a chocolate shop, two places she frequents. Well, just recently, she was driving in a new chair (my tax money probably paid for it 😡 ). And, she's apparently training her daughter because she was in her old chair zooming behind her mom.
vocalist

Mar 17, 2008, 2:47 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I don't see the big deal about telling someone "10 oclock"....

Or, "just go straight that way and it will be on your left".

If it takes you so long to say these things that it "cuts into your work", I'm sorry for you.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 3:22 PM
Actually, Yes. And it gets old. Do you work in a Kiosk?
vocalist

Mar 17, 2008, 3:57 PM
I do. I have for while now.

No longer in a mall, but I used to be in a mall. Same issues. Quickly came to realize that getting pissed only made my days longer.
ralph_on_me

Mar 17, 2008, 3:05 PM
I feel like I'm drawing inspiration from Kevin Smith with this suggestion, but can you do the paperwork from the outside of the kiosk? Then it might not look like you work there, and you could tell those that do ask that you don't work there.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 3:25 PM
Well the sucky thing is, in order to count the inventory it has to all be dragged out of the cabinets, and then counted IMEI by IMEI, with 200+ phones at any given time. So there really is no way to do it outside the kiosk
number1sunna

Mar 17, 2008, 4:47 PM
Are you 16. That is your problem that you have to tell someone what time the mall open. Grow up my man. In the real world people have way bigger problems. Your upset that you have e to tell someone what time the mall opens. COME ON
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 5:00 PM
Telling them doesnt bother me so much. It does interrupt me from what im doing. BUT I get annoyed because it's constant. If it were one or two people now n then...no biggie , but every 5 minutes? when im clearly knee deep in inventory? c'mon... there's a mall directory not even 30 feet...
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 5:00 PM
Then just don't answer, you have head phones on, act like you don't hear them.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 5:03 PM
Yeah, that's my intention, but inevitably i pop an earphone out and ask if they need anything...and try not to act too annoyed...
llama

Mar 17, 2008, 5:09 PM
Then you are perpetuating it. You have a job to do that you are being paid for. The Customer Service desk at the mall is paid to give out info. Count your inventory and get your work done.
TeamAzul

Mar 17, 2008, 5:15 PM
Yeah, thats what i think... I did the ignoring thing with the headphones and some lady yelled "your a great employee" (sarcastically) and "you're lucky i dont complain!" just gets old is all im saying
liquidfire

Mar 17, 2008, 6:43 PM
i know how ya feel. the other day i had this guy stand at my kiosk for a good 10 min while i was helping someone else. once i finished and asked him what he needed he said, "yea, wheres the at&t store". 🙄 my sign says verizon buddy. and if you werent lazy you coulda found it by yourself in the 10 min that you waited to ask me that dumb question. funny thing was, the manager of hat world was standing there the whole time and coulda answered his question.

i try not to be rude to ppl, but like said before i'm not cust service, mapquest, your VZnav, 411, or anything like that. why would you even think of asking me where a competitor's store is?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.