Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Two Weeks

labellavita

Feb 27, 2008, 9:59 PM
Hey phonescoopers I have been contemplating putting in my two weeks and I wanted your guys opinions. I love my job but a few of the people I work with make it umbearable(including the manager) I am a lead and the rep under me is a total jackass that smarts off to me all the time and nothing is done about it because he has good numbers. he has a bad attitude and it brings the rest of the store down. I have been in this store for a year now and when I first started I loved it so much. I worked with a great crew and everybody did there jobs, I never had to treat anyone like a child and force them to work. I really do not like it here any longer and I'm starting to feel like because I am so unhappy it's starting to show and effect my work, ...
(continues)
labellavita

Feb 27, 2008, 10:01 PM
oh and plus I had an incident today when said rep gave me so much attitude that a customer mentioned it and my manager did nothing about it. That was the clincher for me it took everything I had not to get up and walk out. I never pull rank but in truth I am above him and he needs to respect me, especially in front of customers
JessicaLauren

Feb 27, 2008, 11:35 PM
Wow I have the exact same problems here at my store. apparently attitude, and fraud go very unnoticed with good numbers, which is sad and why our customer experience is SOOO DOWN!!!

Anyway my last day at this store is March 7th. I'm transfering to a different store where I feel the enviroment will be better. 😕
charliegirl

Feb 28, 2008, 11:32 AM
Can you transfer to another store? What about going to above your manager?
Butthead007

Feb 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
That stinks. Go above your manager, transfer to a different store, or if you are a corp employee, ever thought about going to a call center?

(not sure which company you are with tbh)
vreaper

Feb 29, 2008, 1:13 PM
what the f is a normal job? aint ever had one of those my whole life and quite frankly, don't think one exists.

mcdonalds: lets not joke

grocery store: mundane, pointless, sometimes frustrating, but great if you don't like having responsibility. even the supervisors and managers are slack-offers in a groc store

resturaunt: words - never going back there again! the earning potential is there but the job sucks. it's best left to atractive flirtatious girls.

cutco salesmen: ... nuff said

transportation: working for ups is good if you like abusing your body. and the hours are great. where i worked start time was 3am, that's what's up

working in sales is satisfying for people who like a challenge. it also has a high ...
(continues)
cc

Feb 29, 2008, 2:46 PM
Im right there with you...though for different reasons. I started a year ago, loved it. I liked my bosses and coworkers and especially the atmosphere. I loved working here because of the challenge and because it was something I was interested in. Unfortunatly a management position opened up at another store. I thought it was a great oportunity. But this store has very few customers, it is not odd to only have 10 people walk through the door. My new salary pay was the same I was making as a sales rep. And now I am responcible for trying to make this store make money, something it hasn't done in at least 6 months. (I was in the top 5 sales reps in the company before coming to this store, I don't think its lack of sales is my fault.) Now I am g...
(continues)
motodude69

Feb 29, 2008, 4:49 PM
IMO, bartending is fun for the first 2 weeks. Then it just gets boring quick. Even if you know some bar tricks, you can only show them to newbies and hope to make some extra cash. Regulars don't want to see the same tricks over and over. I enjoyed flipping bottles, spinning them on the top of my hand, and flinging them from my elbow, the whole nine. It's just another job though. It might be good for others, but wasn't for me.
SalesBlondie

Mar 1, 2008, 11:51 PM
So I just read your message. I can completely understand the situation you're in. I started working in the wireless industry when I was 18 (straight out of high school). I am now 24 years old. For the first three years I worked in the industry, I found out that I was easily annoyed and stressed out by other employees, management and their actions. I would put up with them for as long as possible and eventually switch to another dealer. So I switched back and forth between a few indirect dealers and a few other jobs outside of the wireless industry. Regardless of what I did, it was never the same leaving the wireless industry, going to a "normal" job. I agree that there is no normal job, but I believe that commissioned sales people ha...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.