Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Bad News : (

hardcorehavok

Feb 27, 2008, 12:58 PM
I just found out that my dealership is closing down. ☚ī¸ We have two locations. One is a store and the other is a kiosk. They are about 30 miles apart. Monday, I found out that the store was closing. The lease is up at the end of March and our sales suck. They have sucked for a while and declined a lot more when AT&T took over Cellular One. However, our kiosk was going to remain open and with the money we saved from rent, electric and other bills from the store closure, we were eventually going to open a store in place of the kiosk.

However, that is no longer the case. I was just informed by my boss that as of the second week of March, we will be closing all locations. Apparently, AT&T came in yesterday to get him to sign a new AT&T deal...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Feb 27, 2008, 1:07 PM
It sounds like your boss is a great guy, but honestly it's good that you're getting out. Retail is a dead end job unless you're the owner.

Use this opportunity to your advantage. File for the unemployment, and then enroll in some night courses. Get specialized training or a degree and get a career that will grow with you. There are MANY geeky/nerdy fields that are growing if not booming. This may sound like an unlucky event, but the unemployment is really a golden ticket to get yourself onto a better path.
charliegirl

Feb 27, 2008, 1:29 PM
☚ī¸ I'm going to miss you as a regular here. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
hardcorehavok

Feb 27, 2008, 1:43 PM
You sound like WWE. Whenever they release a wrestler, they always release a statement that says "We wish him/her the best in their future endeavors." I have never heard anyone else use that phrase until now. 🙂
charliegirl

Feb 27, 2008, 1:49 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ And I have never watched WWE. I actually can't stand it đŸ¤Ŗ But that's funny
rico_mambo88

Feb 27, 2008, 3:40 PM
tough luck....

i wish you all the best.
one8seven

Feb 27, 2008, 4:04 PM
yeah hard times... the dealership I work for just let us know they're cutting our hourly a dollar an hour and reducing the commission of new acts from 16 to 12..

that's 160 a month pay hit. đŸ‘ŋ
FLPhoneGirl_87

Feb 27, 2008, 5:29 PM
I went to slippery rock high school...I am sorry your store is closing, with your experience you will find another position! 🙂

Everything will be fine you'll see 🙂 😁 😉
ac4321

Feb 27, 2008, 6:37 PM
Sorry to hear that. Your boss did the right thing for the business, though. If it's no hitting twenty-five activations a month then there isn't a point of being there. I believe that's the lowest level they will let you keep a dealership going. If it's less than that, then everyone is just losing money all around.

Check the local corporate stores around you. You'll almost certainly find more money at one of them versus the grocery store thing. Best of luck, hope to keep seeing you around here if you wind up back in wireless.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.