all discussions

A unique "I want a free phone" customer

I Give Bad Advice

Feb 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
This one was different, instead of "I SPEND LOTS OF $$, SO I WANT A FREE PHONE"

I got this:

C: I want a free phone, my old one isnt working

Me: Well, with a new 2 yr contract, I have this one for $10

C: No, I only spend $20 per month, and hardly use it, so there is no way I should have to pay for a phone I hardly use.

Me: Sorry, if you want a phone, I cant offer you a free one

So, I'm thinking, but want to say, Hey @asshole, you arent a profitable customer, so NO, you do not get a free one!!

**Bangs head**
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 13, 2008, 2:38 PM
BION, most wireless carriers view customers who average a MRC of $39.99 or less as undesirable/low profitability. I'll tell you where people the money really is. It isn't in overage or roaming charges. It is in D A T A. For the most part, data is pure profit for them and there are more and more data applications launching for handsets every day that either increase productivity, decrease down time as well as for pure fun.
hardcorehavok

Feb 13, 2008, 2:42 PM
This isn't too uncommon. Usually, you will find this is the case with prepaid customers. They do not use their phones as much and expect huge discounts when they get a new phone. I do not know of any carrier that offers a free phone with prepaid service. Although, you can get a $10 prepaid phone on att.com and it comes with $10 worth of minutes. That is as close as I've seen to free.
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 13, 2008, 2:48 PM
Boost Mobile Unlimited gives you the first month of service for free and free activation.

www.boostmobile.com
hardcorehavok

Feb 13, 2008, 3:06 PM
But you don't get the PHONE for free.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.