Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

"i don't understand"

hoonder sneets

Feb 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
when people don't understand certain concepts with wireless service, do you ever use a real world analogy to help describe the situation? like for example troubleshooting your phone while talking on it, i say "thats like asking your mechanic to fix your car while your driving down the road", etc. anything else you guys use? im running out of smart ass ones, so anything that is sorta sharp, but still ok to say on a call is cool...
justiN0six

Feb 12, 2008, 10:59 PM
When I worked in the warranty dept. customers would want to exchange their old junky phone such as a moto v180 for a blackberry (hypothetically speaking) and I would say

"Well sir/mam, that would be like trading in your rusty honda for a brand new porsche."

..And of coarse they'd say ITS NOTHING LIKE THAT AT ALL. I'M A GREAT CUSTOMER AND I DESERVE A NEW PHONE FOR FREE!

I would chuckle 😎 Riiiight.
motodude69

Feb 13, 2008, 10:05 AM
I always use analogies to customers that come in that have damaged their phone due to some type of liquid. They give me the, "I didn't get it wet" or "It's never been any where near water." After I show them the indicator, their story then changes to "Well maybe I got it wet when I first got it, but it has worked fine ever since!" My reply usually consists of this...."It's like throwing a tv into a swimming pool." They just look at me, and think..."Maybe electronics and liquid don't mix!"
hardcorehavok

Feb 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
When I tell people that there is a $50 deductible with their insurance, they usually freak. I compare it to car insurance or health insurance. I pay $100 a month for a premium on my car insurance. If anything ever happens, I also have to pay a $500 deductible and the insurance covers the rest. Like wise, I pay $25 a month for health insurance. If I ever go to a doctor, I pay a $25 co-pay and the insurance covers the rest.

And with insurance and warranty, you get a refurbished phone. Most people are okay with it, but for some reason, "refurbished" and "used" make some people cringe. Personally, I have had several refurbish phones and never run into any problems. Some customers DEMAND a new phone. I have to explain that after 30 days (under...
(continues)
hardcorehavok

Feb 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
AT&T has a 30 Second Rule. I'm pretty sure most companies have it as well. If you call someone and it rings for more than 30 seconds, you are charged for one minute even if no one answers. For post-paid customers, it usually isn't a big deal, but pre-paid customers hate it with a passion.

Another issue that effects pre-paid more than post-paid is ringtones not downloading. Post-paid customers have this problem as well, but coming from a year of pre-paid customer care, I can tell you this accounts for 50% of all calls. With downloads, we will normally refund them without a problem, but the internet charges are valid.

I compare both the above issues to traveling. Let us say that you have decided to visit your Aunt May. You drive all the...
(continues)
UOQuack

Feb 13, 2008, 10:57 AM
$25/month for health insurance?? Holy crap, who is your provider? Or does your employer pay most of the fee?
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
I had one guy come in an tell me after he dropped his phone in his salt water aquarium, he immediately grabbed in out and rushed over to the sink to rinse it under fresh water because he thought that would neutralize the pH. Someone should have neutralized his parent so he and I never would have had that conversation.
BigShowJB

Feb 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
😳

wow

😳
labellavita

Feb 13, 2008, 8:11 PM
Bufford T. Justice said:
Someone should have neutralized his parents so he and I never would have had that conversation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
GettingItDone01

Feb 13, 2008, 11:39 AM
I like the reply I always use to customers who expect a free phone when theirs breaks, but doesn't want to sign a contract. They insist that they're paying for service and because of this, deserve a free phone. I always ask them if the cable company replaces their television set for free if it breaks, or if their landline company replaces their phone if it isn't working properly. They usually don't know what to say, and demand that this is different.
hardcorehavok

Feb 13, 2008, 1:03 PM
I love when people do not realize how much cell phones really cost. They get a RAZR for $20 when they sign up and think that if they ever have to replace it, they will only have to pay another $20. The V3 still retails for $220 according to AT&T's price sheet and $170 unlocked on Motorola's site.

And when you explain that they get the discount because they signed a contract, they just want to sign a new one...6 months after the first!

🙄
rainbow_metals

Feb 13, 2008, 7:44 PM
one that i like is to use renting an apt to esplain prorated charges but it does aggrevate me when customer demand free phones w/o contract or whatnot, another one that i use for customers that take a sim card out and put into a new phone like taking an engine out of a porsche and putting it into a ford pinto or vice versa, gets thier goat and is still acceptable for quality

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.