Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

best manufacturer

vincelectronx

Feb 7, 2008, 11:39 AM
I just started selling phones online, I would like to narrow it down to just one brand. Any suggestions?http://vincelectronx.com/catalog3 52723.html
ajstrong

Feb 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
Sanyo 👀

'specially since Krap-ocera took them over.

stateside, I'd say LG or Samsung for CDMA currently, and GSM kiddo's would argue between sony and nokia.
da309392

Feb 7, 2008, 2:32 PM
Nothing even comes close to Sanyo when i comes to quality... if you want wanna cash in on selling "cool" phones go LG... the Rumor's is a popular one and so is the enV
ReaperTut

Feb 7, 2008, 8:45 PM
and the voyager.. i'd say, high-end LG's and Sanyo's all around..
justiN0six

Feb 7, 2008, 2:44 PM
ya if you wanna sell "cool" piles of junk sell LG. Sony Ericsson is a very "cool" brand in the gsm world. They're also pretty high quality in my eyes.

Moto is eh so so.. they've done soiled the razrs... phones like the rokr are still pritty.

Nokia is quality.

Not sure about Sanyo.. I spose sprint reps would recommend them.
da309392

Feb 7, 2008, 2:45 PM
yes, ericssons are great phones too
Wyldchylde

Feb 7, 2008, 5:18 PM
Nokia or Sanyo are good choices
Buyers Remorse

Feb 7, 2008, 6:00 PM
Nokia sells 40% of the world's handsets, and consistently puts out quality devices. Sanyo is cheap junk, only Sprint reps would suggest it.
rookieb

Feb 7, 2008, 7:09 PM
I am assuming that you don't work for Sprint, so unless you have owned and used every Sanyo phone for the last several years, you don't know what you are saying.
BigShowJB

Feb 7, 2008, 7:10 PM
yep cheap award winning junk yup that's right ...
how many other carriers have two JDpower "Best Overall Quality" brands in their lineup?
I'll give you a hint.... it sure as hell ain't VZW ATT or T-MO!!!!

if you want to sell one manufacturer instead of a brand or a technology (CDMA/GSM/iDEN), go with motorola and/or RIM, they make all three major technologies, and each carrier has no less than 3 distinct models in use right now.
or you can go with:

Nokia and pretty much stay out of CDMA,

Sanyo and get locked into sprint...

kyocera, pantech and some others and get almost no sales because they don't have many current models out that are .

Samsung has some pretty good units on their way out now.

if you want to fo...
(continues)
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 7, 2008, 7:13 PM
I hope Sanyo phone quality doesn't suffer now that Kyocera has purchased the Sanyo Wireless handset division seeing how Kyocera ones really aren't the best in quality and I haven't seen a First Tier wireless carrier selling them.
BigShowJB

Feb 8, 2008, 5:07 PM
so which sanyo phones have you ACTUALLY used, or are you just spouting whatever your carrier jams down your throat, and tells you to regurgitate when someone asks about it?
justiN0six

Feb 8, 2008, 8:58 PM
I seen a sanyo a few weeks ago.. it was a razr knock-off.... and it didn't seem to be that great in my eyes. It was built fairly decently but the OS (or gui) looked extremely cheap
BigShowJB

Feb 9, 2008, 12:06 AM
probably the katana or katana2, their gui's are a little chintzy, but they look pretty good on the outside. the katana DLX doesn't look as nice IMO but the ui is a lot better and the DLX as a better camera and a micro SD, mostly all the features of a V3m but without any of the problems and 60% more battery life
Tmo Slave

Feb 7, 2008, 8:29 PM
Nokia N series is by far the best out there right now. Better than the iphone by far.

Samsung has some decent stuff

HTC is putting out some really good Pocket PCs

LG is crap and copies other manufactures

Sanyon never really used but nothing really looks good from them

Moto is horrid except for like 2 phones which are ok at best.

Blackberry makes some really nice phones unless you have Verizon then they suck.

Sell only nokia I very rarely have them returned.
ReaperTut

Feb 7, 2008, 8:53 PM
LG is not crap when it comes to thier high-end phones.. i have the voyager, and had its predessors, the enV and the V.. both exceptional phones.. now if your getting the free LG phone, then yes i agree. crapola. but i defend LG's highend phones. also, sanyo does a really good job with thier phones overall. they may not be loaded to the teeth with features but they have strong reception in call quality. samsung, not a fan of. and motorola, we agree 90%, all the CDMA motorolas suck arse... and most of thier nextel phones are decent. aside from the i580 for nextel.. all over mobile motorolas i wouldn't even waste my breathe tryin to sell one... i've even talked peopleo ut of the razors.. theyre crap ... i wish i could sh*t on a display and sell...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Feb 7, 2008, 9:40 PM
Well I've used the chocolate before and that was one of the worse phones ever. The touch sensetive keys were crap. You touch the key and the phone registers 4 presses. I've only used the voyager once and wasn't impressed with the touch screen. If they improved the touch screen a little it would be a good phone.
ReaperTut

Feb 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
the only issue i have with the touch screen is when i text and drive. im almost able to txt completely without looking at it, i've learned where the keys are.. but the chocolate is crap. i agree with you there. but i wouldn't consider that a highend phone.
kapwww

Feb 10, 2008, 2:42 AM
Trying for some free advertising eh?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.