Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Loosing your kool with customers

jonnygee007

Jan 29, 2008, 3:25 PM
Ok so this mean lady came in to the store yesterday. She wanted to pay her bill. We take payments as a curtusy for customers. To make a cash payment there is a $3.00 processing fee with the system that we use charges us. So I expalined to her that she would have to pay that and she flipped out on me saying that its bullSh%% and she isnt paying that its a rip off. I told her that she is more then welcomed to pay it online or go to a store with a kiosk. SHe says that she isnt driving way over there and I just wont get paid today. I told her she isnt taking money out of my pocket if she doenst make a payment here I dont get paid to do it anyway (but im not the one with the past due bill) So she storms out talking about cancelling her service I ...
(continues)
amandajade

Jan 29, 2008, 3:55 PM
it was maddd funyy!!!! i couldnt believe u said that to her !!! our mangers face almost dropped lmao
Foamy

Jan 29, 2008, 4:08 PM
I've lost my cool a few times. Generally I'll only do it in a situation where I know it won't blow back in my face.

The most recent one was a customer wanted a 1 GB micro-sd card. I was out of stock. His response was "Well what the **** good are you then?!" as he got in my face.

I said to him "Everything except what the **** you want, now get out of my store."

Probably not the brightest thing to say back but he pissed me off and we were the only 2 in the building, so no witnesses. He tucked his tail and left. So it all worked in the end.
nodeposit

Jan 29, 2008, 5:14 PM
I was arguing w/ a customer about whether or not the warranty should be void if her son got his phone wet by talking on it while he was sweaty and after explaining to her that it was not Motorola's fault her son chose to put the phone up to his face and her still not getting it I finally said to her: "Ma'am, you're not going to convince me that I'm wrong and I'm not going to convince you that you're wrong so if you aren't going to do an insurance claim then you're gonna have to leave."

She left.
ucantbeserious

Jan 29, 2008, 5:25 PM
The only time i've ever said something to a customer i shouldnt have was just recently, i'd been having a bad day anyway. well i get this call and i have no prior knowlege of what the guy wants, so i ask him the acct info, then get down to business and the whole time hes getting madder and madder, finally when i ask him what he needs me to help him with he snaps, and starts yelling that he's told so many people that information before, and finally i had had enough, so i interupt him to say "well sir im sorry but im not a psychic, i dont know what you told everyone else".. then i snapped out of it, and went on to say in the nicest possible voice "but can you please tell me the issue so i can fix it for you." lol my managers jaw dropped to the...
(continues)
dznutts

Jan 29, 2008, 5:31 PM
man you should be so lucky we have to charge $5.00 for payments and if your not a precash customer we then have to charge$7.00 for the first time... and I have so many people that come up to me and say I dont beleve you expect me to have to pay a fee to pay my bill ... I knew sprint was good for ripping people off... I calmly explained to the customer "well sprint offeres a couple of ways to pay their bill where it doesnt cost you a thing such as credit card or check over the phone or when you get your bill which comes in enough time you can of course mail your payment in and it wont cost you a dime. they set the payment center up for people who go over thier spending limit or come in at last minute to pay their bill... its more of a convien...
(continues)
Animosity_Reigns

Jan 29, 2008, 6:50 PM
I once told a customer to "grab a crayon and write this down, I will only tell one more time." 😁
ac4321

Jan 29, 2008, 7:50 PM
The last thing that comes to mind,

The customer ranted on and on and finally said, "I'm just going to cancel and go to VZW." I smiled and drly replied, "Good, I hope they enjoy your business."
Arwinjadaninja

Jan 29, 2008, 7:56 PM
once had this customer that did not like there handset. they originally ordered a free handset, wanted a device that cost 250.00. apparently they thought since they had service established for 3 days they could get it for free. this discussion lasted about 45 mins, hen when the customer stated "if you will not give it to me for free i will got to cricket!!!" my response "see you next week!!!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.