Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 36 replies

TO THE FALLING GIANT..................

yoboy8

Jan 18, 2008, 11:45 AM
i just wanted to take a minute and say im sorry to those of you that work for SPRINT, whom maybe layed off .... ☚ī¸
Krugar

Jan 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
They are offering Voluntary Separation packages to those who want to leave. So hopefully no one will really get laid off.
ajstrong

Jan 18, 2008, 11:59 AM
giant? Didn't know that it EVER held that status.... 👀
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 1:25 PM
ahaha.. but i do feel like im in a sinking ship ;x california alone did somethin like 25% worse than last year or some crazy stuff like that.
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sprint has always been a dwarf when compared to Verizon Wireless and at&t. All the merging of Sprint PCS and Nextel Communications did was creat chaos and confusion for customers. I'm so looking forward to the day Sprint bites the dust.
ImmixGuy

Jan 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
AMEN...
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 1:00 PM
I'll second that with an Allelujah!
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 1:31 PM
i do believe that was right on the money. they did merge, but they didn't commit to merging fully.. bahhumbug.. admit it tho, had sprint got thier thumb out of thier arses and realised that thier cool phones were not that great, they'd be better off then they are now, and it motorola would have seen it sooner, that thier rugged phones could have looked a little nicer, they'd have gotten a bigger crowd other than farmers, immigrants and construction workers. dumbarses đŸ˜ŗ
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 1:27 PM
Sprint may bite the dust, but nextel has soooo many clients that are in love with the walkie talkie.. but as soon as they find out verizon is getting it (in thier version of course) and ATT (i believe already has it), they're going to leave. no roaming on nextels? wtf
BigShowJB

Jan 18, 2008, 2:18 PM
I'm sure sprint feels the same way about you too...
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 7:06 PM
No, my loyalty is to Lowell McAdams.
johnnyslick

Jan 19, 2008, 9:46 PM
Ray,

Please do not insult Verizon Wireless by announcing your attachment to them. More than likely, you got fired by Sprint for being a jerk on these very message boards and once VZW figures out who you are, they'll can you as well.
S A J

Jan 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
They are going bankrupt?

Where did you get this info?
yoboy8

Jan 18, 2008, 1:11 PM
phonescoop 😁
S A J

Jan 18, 2008, 1:19 PM
oh
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 1:20 PM
As much as I'm waiting to see the fall of the Sprint Dynasty, check you facts before you start spouting off incorrect information. No where in the Eric M. Zeman article recap taken from the WSJ does it say Sprint is heading for a bankruptcy. I'm hope they do crash and burn, but for the time being, all Sprint plans to do is right size employees and reduce the number of wireless dealers in their indirect sales channel. For the facts, check out...

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=12714 ... »
labellavita

Jan 18, 2008, 1:30 PM
For all of us Sprint employees...thanks guys. You may not like Sprint but I happen to love my job. There may be a lot of problems with the company, but I am happy here and I love my customers. I work in a corporate store in a small town that is the only corporate store within about 200 miles. If we were to get the ax where will our customers go? I think its really sh***y of sprint to place the blame on its employees. Sure right now its voluntary layoffs but if nobody takes the severance package it will get voluntary real quick. That is a big f**k you to all of us employees who are great at our job. The problem with the company is definately with the higher ups. It is such a disorganized mess. We do the best we can in store but it's...
(continues)
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 1:49 PM
i agree, there's been nothing but problems with the higher ups. and lately we've been givin bi-weekly written tests, to feel out our knowledge. NO its not the sales people's fault that sales have dropped, i know my s**t, but i got one question wrong, however i do feel the wording was incorrect but that i answered it correctly to which it was worded. but my manager fought me on this. what do you think of this question (it could go either way but my answer wasn't completely wrong)

Q - What are the requirements to be eligable for the MIR on any PDA?

my answer - (i shotgunned it) either a new line of service or having had thier equipment for atleast 22months , with a new two year agreement.

-----------------

he straight up said i...
(continues)
S A J

Jan 18, 2008, 1:54 PM
My thought?

Update your resume
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 2:11 PM
hah
labellavita

Jan 18, 2008, 2:30 PM
My understanding was that it was only the blackberry and htc phones that required the data pack to receive the mir
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 2:47 PM
the HTC Touch is the only one that im aware of that doesn't require the data pack (by our rebate forms)
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 2:09 PM
I'll tell you where your customers will end up going. They will just have to trek over to the closest major metropolitan or go online for their Sprint products and services. Yes layers of management have to go, but so do the people in the retail stores/kiosks. It is sad to see 4,000 people who very may well have families to support, but guess what? That's the price for working at a Fortune 500 company. Corporate America isn't centered around people. They are centered around what makes American imperialism go round, the power of the dollar.
ajstrong

Jan 18, 2008, 2:11 PM
all hail the green goddess of the (hopefully) sovereign USA! 😁
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 2:14 PM
The entire point of my response to yoboy8's thread was he needs to verify his source for content integrity before he posts something like he did. Had he did so, yoboy8 would have realized that Sprint is only right sizing departments and is not filing for protection under any bankruptcy codes.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 18, 2008, 2:19 PM
Where exactly did yoboy8 say anything about Sprint going bankrupt? SAJ said that.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 18, 2008, 2:26 PM
Ok.

But he still didn't say anything about Sprint going bankrupt. That was a reply to SAJ, asking where he (yoboy) got the information. To which he replied phonescoop, in reference to the article on the News page.

Either way, I guess we just read it differently.
labellavita

Jan 18, 2008, 2:37 PM
I'm waiting to hear what the severance package is right now. I do love my job but am very fed up with corporate bull$$$$. I am a lead and spend all of my time doing paperwork and calling into cust service to get credits for custs. my manager does not allow us to do credits in store any longer because it makes him look bad. I also have several reps in store who do not know their heads from their a$$. They should be first to go but we all know how it works
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 2:41 PM
Guess what girl? Hosts, RCS and LRCs will not be eligible for VSP. Read Mark Angelino's e mail he sent out to the corporate employees and you'll see what you mean. I guess your Rome may come down in a burning pile soon.
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 2:43 PM
BTW, your ARD and/or RSM are suppose to have the listing of which retail stores in their district will be closed and the time table for shutting down the doors and handling over the key.
labellavita

Jan 18, 2008, 2:53 PM
Do you work for Sprint, Marcus?
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 6:37 PM
Let's just say I know people close to the information.
GettingItDone01

Jan 18, 2008, 6:44 PM
Really Marcus? Our DM told us today that he had no clue which stores would be closing. He also said he did not think it would be affecting our district since they thinned us out pretty hardcore during the last round of cuts. I'm not sure if I believe him or not...
longsleeves

Jan 18, 2008, 1:52 PM
What is strange is I work for at&T and only get a 7% discount on service but a 20% discount for sprint and 16% for T-Mobile.
labellavita

Jan 18, 2008, 6:36 PM
You work for at&t and dont get free service? I work for sprint and my employee plan is unlimited minutes, text, internet for free. I pay $4 for insurance, that's all.
Marcus Fenix

Jan 18, 2008, 7:08 PM
Indirect dealers don't get the same wireless plan rates as corporate retail store employees.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.