Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Retail Business

GWFOX

Dec 20, 2004, 10:31 AM
This is to all the auth retailers and those that work in malls.

Is it just me or is the Christmas holiday season NOT happening?

There are 4 days left (not counting today) to shop before X-mas. Where the hell is everyone? Are internet sales up? Could this be the reason that there are less and less people shopping? Our numbers this month are WAY off.

Is it me or are customers STILL "Just Shopping"? Who in their right mind is just shopping at THIS point in the season??!!!

Does anyone have any projections on how they think this season will turn out? I'm afraid that it will get so insanely busy on thursday and friday that I will run out of every product in the house by thursday.

Questions? Comments?
shadedpain4

Dec 20, 2004, 11:36 AM
I didnt start my shopping until yesterday, and even then i didnt get much done.

Cursed football taking up my time.... 😉
ShunAsa

Dec 20, 2004, 11:52 AM
that seems to be whats happening everywhere
TexasJulie

Dec 20, 2004, 12:36 PM
Our sales are super down... even compared to regular months. I get alot of people asking questions... The majority of the stuff I've done is "add a line". It sucks. REALLY bad. Im thinking income tax time will be a HUGE selling month for us. Seems like 3 out 5 credit reports I run are 500 dollar deposits. *sigh*
justpeachy

Dec 20, 2004, 12:37 PM
I'm with you- our sales for almost the entire back half of 2004 have been way down, especially December. We are 90 (!!) phones behind where we were last year at this time. Every store I've talked to has had the same story, so I wouldn't count on an extrememly last-minute rush. We've sold fewer phones, and fewer accessories than last year. It blows. 👿
ShunAsa

Dec 20, 2004, 12:39 PM
what do you think the problem is?
shadedpain4

Dec 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Everyone already had cell phones?
shadedpain4

Dec 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
shadedpain4 said:
Everyone already had cell phones?

*has
ShunAsa

Dec 20, 2004, 12:43 PM
ah, but, we're the land of bigger and better, people should be clammering to upgrade
shadedpain4

Dec 20, 2004, 1:01 PM
ShunAsa said:
we're the land of bigger and better

Is that what they call Texas these days?
ShunAsa

Dec 20, 2004, 1:56 PM
everyone knows everything's bigger and better in texas
TexasJulie

Dec 20, 2004, 12:42 PM
I, personally, believe with all the "press" about Cell Phone companies, people are a little leary to buy right now. The whole ATTW?Cingular thing has a lot of people smoking right now... They arent sure what to do. I, however, work for T-Mobile. I dont know what the problem is.... We have a prime location, its just not moving. I think ours is the lack of a "free" phone and not many Holiday Promotions for individual plans.
justpeachy

Dec 20, 2004, 12:54 PM
I would hazard a guess that it's just the economy. Even non-cellular stores are down, the housing market is down.. people just don't have the money to spend.
ShunAsa

Dec 20, 2004, 12:57 PM
ahhhh, love this post election season...fa la la la la la la la la
speedywalk

Dec 22, 2004, 8:17 PM
I work in a divested ATTWS location and we're experiencing a huge rush. Started week before last (who wants to pay for a month of service on a phone that will just sit under the tree?). Making up for a very poor November too. Can't wait until our purchase is complete though, getting tired of explaining to customers that they aren't Cingular customers, and will be AT&T customers for about a month and a half, then they will be somebody else. Gets very frustrating. Oh well...having a good enough feature/new add month to compensate.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
ali_dawn

Dec 22, 2004, 8:19 PM
since you work for ATTWS do you know anything about a 2005 contract with Ultimate Electronics and Cingular/ATTWS. i can't find out anything.
speedywalk

Dec 22, 2004, 10:09 PM
No, unfortunately I do not. Since I work for one of the divested groups we aren't privy to the Cingular news...at least not any more (they kept us on their news lists for e-mail well after day 1).

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
sulley9

Dec 25, 2004, 6:13 AM
I see the same: before 20th of December I sold 30 Dekart SIM readers per day, since the 21st not more than 5 per day. Everything looks like dead.
dsmith5237

Dec 26, 2004, 5:51 PM
I work at a corporate store, not in a mall but just outside of a large mall, and sales have been slow this season. This is my first holiday season in retail, but the other reps keep talking about the 'glory days' when they almost had to beat off customers with a stick they sold so much. Our store has done okay this month, but November was better. Speaking to other friends in retail and service jobs, they tell the same story. Business is steady, but not spectacular. People just aren't spending a lot of money this year it seems. I can't say I blame them, as I've also spent less this year.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.