Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Snotty little girl

kapwww

Nov 14, 2007, 2:10 PM
I'm sitting here watching this girl SCREAM at her mom and dad because she wants a $250 phone and they only want to pay for the $10 phone. I don't have anyone else here, so it's actually kinda funny watching. She's throwing a complete fit. The parents are standing firm. I'm hoping they win.
Debo

Nov 14, 2007, 2:14 PM
It's nice to hear about parents standing firm againts the whiny-ness of their children.
it makes me feel both warm and fuzzy. ๐Ÿ™‚
donkey_kong86

Nov 14, 2007, 2:30 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 15, 2007, 6:36 AM
go parents go!
LoopiKelli

Nov 14, 2007, 3:01 PM
Could you YouTube that for us all? :-P
HotKarl666

Nov 14, 2007, 3:04 PM
Just because your folks didnt get you those shoes you wanted in the 3rd grade...
kapwww

Nov 14, 2007, 3:26 PM
They basically told her that if they were paying the bill, she would get what they agree to pay for. They compromised a little bit and bought her a $30 camera phone with a High Tier VZW Select plan. I made a great deal more money by selling them the cheap phone! ๐Ÿ˜
HotKarl666

Nov 14, 2007, 3:33 PM
DOnt you love the pyramid-scheme stye pricing/payout indexes we have to deal with in this ever so slightly shady business?
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 14, 2007, 4:07 PM
Who said it was only just slightly shady? ๐Ÿคจ
arsimckhoi

Nov 16, 2007, 1:52 PM
dude you're a borderline tard for that comment
ajstrong

Nov 14, 2007, 3:33 PM
high tier? thought those were the premium plans... my cheap phones have a decent cost still, so when I sell on of them, I get less money than when I sell a few of the high-end phones, like the 8700, the u700, the Env, etc. which have higher prices alongside their higher cost, to offset my losses. just a thought.
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 14, 2007, 4:09 PM
Not all indirect agents pay out the same on the commmision. Your company could give you less of a spiff on a phone, but make up for it by encouraging you to throw out a pricier phone.
ajstrong

Nov 14, 2007, 8:37 PM
not necessarily a spiff, I can see my commission against our cost of the phone. I get a percentage of what's left. I dealt with spiffs when I was at RS, don't wanna do that again. When I sell a phone now, I know what my price is, and what the commission I can get off them is. I sometimes try to maximize my options, most of the time do what's best for the customer.
BigShowJB

Nov 15, 2007, 3:01 PM
just curious how old was this little brat?
kapwww

Nov 15, 2007, 5:26 PM
Around 17...so old enough to know how to really be a biatch if she wants to be.
Nikoletta

Nov 15, 2007, 8:57 PM
HA! At 17 I had a job and if I wanted anything beyond the emergency phone I paid for it... and if I used that phone for anything but emergencies... my dad made me pay minutes!
kapwww

Nov 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
Yes...and that would be good parenting. Don't get me wrong here...I'm not saying anything about your personality as I find you very pleasant and entertaining even with your crazy call center...but most girls I knew, by that age, could turn from sweet and nice to angry evil bch on a dime. That's what this girl did. She just turned up the bch. Granted, were she my kid, she wouldn't have gotten ANY phone with that attitude and behavior, but these parents stood their ground better than most I get in here.
Nikoletta

Nov 16, 2007, 2:24 PM
That's about what I say... my kid starts that crap it's over. Anyways, IF I buy my offspring phone service, they'll get my hand-me down phones, I get the new toys unless they pay out of their own money or it's holiday or birthday present.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 15, 2007, 11:41 PM
If she's old enough to know how to be a biatch if she wants, then she's old enough for a pop in the mouth. RIGHT IN THE MOUTH. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Nikoletta

Nov 15, 2007, 4:13 PM
This kind of behavior completely blows my mind. We see it all the time too, kids getting so worked up because they want some specific phone with all the bells and whistles. I see kids getting Sidekick 3s and LXs and Wings (dear god!) because they WANT it... and it's disgusting. I got through childhood just fine without all that nonsense. If I wanted it I was welcome to buy it for myself with my own money (because I actually had a job in high school!)

I just don't understand why parents even put up with the fit. You want to have a tantrum? Great! Now you don't get ANY phone and you're grounded for the next week... (if you're lucky!)
Nikoletta

Nov 15, 2007, 4:16 PM
I should point out... I did something similar ONCE as a kid... I was grounded for a month... from EVERYTHING. No TV, No Friends, No Radio, No Computer. I was allowed to read, do homework, write, play with my toys in my room and watch CNN headline News. That was it.

It never happened a second time.
kapwww

Nov 15, 2007, 5:29 PM
My wife wanted a small toy when she was a small child. She figured if she opened it in the store, her mom would have to buy it. When her mom realized what she did, she paid for the toy then turned around and gave it to the family behind them in line. You bet your rear she learned from that one...
Wvpotomac

Nov 15, 2007, 9:17 PM
Thank goodness not all kids are like have a daughter thats agood student responsible young lady.She just turned sixteen and wanted the new sidekick lx . Well being the sucker dad I'am I got here the phone I guess I'm just glad to have a grateful kid. Not a spoiled teenager. Because of her hard work and dedication to her academics . I had no problems rewarding her for her achievements.
There are a few out of the bunch that really are grateful. Guess I'm a lucky dad
nuckingfuts

Nov 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
Wvpotomac said:
Guess I'm a lucky dad

Luck has nothing to do with it, it's all in how you raised her....
Nikoletta

Nov 16, 2007, 2:33 PM
Exactly...

My Step-Son was a good kid and he got money for his grades and I paid for Karate lessons. If he had asked for a phone I'm not sure what I would have done... possibly said ok but that comes out of you grade money (I paid really well for A's)

But he wasn't interested in phones anyways so I guess I was lucky.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.