Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

What are things you do when you're bored at work???

OfAMightDivine

Oct 29, 2007, 12:18 AM
So what are they? What are some of the idle things you do while at work, when you're bored? Like what I do :

I take a sheet of blank paper, and put a bunch of dots on it with a pen, by tapping it. Then I connect the dots in random order, and then color them in.

Or, I take a notice or some internal letters that go around on our desks, and I fill in the letters. I'll fill in the spaces in a letter "O" or "D", any letter that has an enclosure in it.

So what are the time-wasters you have come up with when you're bored at work?
ArchAngel028

Oct 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
I surf phonescoop. LOL. I usually haunt the Lounge forum.
kapwww

Oct 29, 2007, 8:33 AM
We sell Direct TV too so I can watch TV if nobody is in the store. Generally, I try to find work to do like cleaning, organizing, learning, or sending renewal letters to people...
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 29, 2007, 9:26 AM
I look for another job. 🤣
uscellchick87

Oct 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
🤣
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
I was joking, but really I wasn't. I can't take this boredom anymore, and the pay at the indirect I work at sucks. We will have 6 people walk into our store and 4 of them will be complainers and the other two will be people who are just shopping for info and go across the street to the corp store.

😢
uscellchick87

Oct 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah there are definately perks and downs to the indirect agents. I work for an indirect agent and the down time can be rough, especially when that means you aren't making very much money because of it. You concidering corporate? I don't think I could, i've been offered positions but always stayed here I dunno.
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 29, 2007, 12:26 PM
I am considering corporate. The company that I work for, has the best commission structure in this area. Which is a huge plus, but the problem that I am having to come to grips with is the fact that I need customers before I can even see that commission. The lack of foot traffic, or even traffic at all for that matter

The hourly rate sucks arse, and I ain't gonna make it with out something better.
uscellchick87

Oct 29, 2007, 12:34 PM
What area are you in?
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 29, 2007, 1:07 PM
Metro-Detroit, as if it is a good thing. 🙄
oudidntkn0w

Oct 30, 2007, 2:06 AM
i live in the same area.. what indirect do u work for
chainsaw

Oct 29, 2007, 1:27 PM
What state do you work in?
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 30, 2007, 9:33 AM
MI 😁
arsimckhoi

Oct 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
found anything good?
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
Nothing yet, but I am still looking. 😁
nssguy

Oct 31, 2007, 12:19 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 that is hilarious! but so the right thing to do! i personally lurk around on here, or bs with comrads about all bs we get from custs all day!
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 31, 2007, 3:06 PM
😳 I don't need to get out of the industry, but for the love of god I need to either find a decent indirect or go crop.
yodude

Oct 29, 2007, 11:09 AM
I go play Guitar Hero. They have 3 set up now, so yay! haha. It's right in front of my kiosk so I can still keep an eye on everything. Or I will draw random pictures, take weird pictures of myself and randomly send them to everybody in my contacts. Or play Zuma for hours on end on my phone while I sit on my princess chair. haha.
chainsaw

Oct 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
I read books. I've read 4 in the last month and a half!
thwack1083

Oct 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
i waste a buck on 4 bouncy balls and just throw them all over the mall. it is great when little kids chase them down. comedy and chaos ensues.
HotKarl666

Oct 30, 2007, 4:02 PM
I like to poop.
mogulchic21

Oct 30, 2007, 4:35 PM
some of the things when we are bored is: read phonescoop postigs, read cnn.com, throw around a football that we have kicking around, etc.
StarryNight

Oct 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
Hmmm...funny. That sounds like my store....except here we just peg the footballs at each other's heads...

Hi Big D! 😁
Jennyboo

Oct 31, 2007, 3:10 PM
🤣 That's exactly what we used to do when I worked at the corporate store.

I pegged someone in the face once and they punched me in the arm....I was on the floor laughing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.