Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Favorite Interview Question.

ChrisNess

Oct 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
This is more directed towards those of you that conduct interviews. What are some of your favorite questions to ask? Any odd tactics? What are you looking for from the answers?

I've been doing them for a few years now in different industries and here are mine.

There is no right or wrong answer, just rank these three in order of most important to least in your opinion.
Money, Meeting Expectations, Recognition
ChrisNess

Oct 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
Whoops, didn't finish.

The point of that question is really just too see how they will tie them together and the reasons they give. They all tie together pretty much, just like to see peoples reasons why they say what they do.

Also, if I'm in a hurry or don't feel like asking a ton of questions I'll look at my watch and say, "So this being a sales job, You have 10 minutes to convince me to give you the job. Go." Then I will almost argue with them about their pitch. It's a ton of fun.

Last, I've started doing two interviews at once. Just to pit them against each other. Once again it's fun.

Interviews can get so boring and repetitive that you gotta find new fun things to spice them up.
yodude

Oct 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
I hate when they say, sell me this product. Go. And then they give me a dam dry erase marker to sell to them. WTF?! Um... It has a lovely chisel tip which will last longer than your everyday blunt tip. Also, it's low odor, so no need to worry about those annoying fume induced headaches. And for only 9.99, you can get a set of 3. Black, red and blue. Why is this such a great deal? BECAUSE!!! They will last longer....blah blah blah blah blah.
Sprintkitty

Oct 25, 2007, 1:17 PM
I do that with a pen, pair of scissors, or whatever...the main reason I do it is to see how they'll react to it. I don't expect an interviewee to know how to sell, necessarily. I do expect them to react well to an unforseen circumstance and make the best of it. 🙂
burgundy

Oct 25, 2007, 3:46 PM
Had a guy ask me why he shouldn't hire me the other day. It was his "clever" way of asking my weaknesses which was really a TERRIBLE way to ask it. I told him that if i knew of a reason i would have already figured out a mojor flaw and i wouldn't be sitting there. Then i said, "if you're asking my weaknesses i can give you a few, but to answer the question you asked i don't have an answer for why you shouldn't hire me"

He didn't like my answer.
JustBelowAverage

Oct 25, 2007, 6:20 PM
burgundy said:
Had a guy ask me why he shouldn't hire me the other day.

The correct answer is "Because I intent to have your job in six months:
soldmysoul4cellular

Oct 25, 2007, 2:48 PM
Just became management...and sitting in on interviews with my boss to get the feel for it...the first question he asks everyone is this...."what is 10% of 35"....if they can not answer that, the interview is over...i have been AMAZED by how many can not....
yodude

Oct 25, 2007, 8:09 PM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.