Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

And here's one for ya. (long)

3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 15, 2007, 6:12 PM
First off I have to laugh! 🤣

Ok so this guy walks up to me and tosses his phone on my counter, yeah he actually throws the phone about 6" in the air and lets hit hit my counter top. Than he proceeds to tell me all about how he's a commercial truck driver and he needs an extremely durable phone that he can't break. I don't even say a word, I just sat there and looked at him like he was an idiot. Without hesitation he continues to tell me what a crappy phone he had and that the sales person who sold him his phone was an idiot and blah blah blah they won't let me upgrade and blah blah blah (I'm sure you've all heard it before). The phone looks like he ran it over with a truck, dragged it down the street and then crammed it in someones a...
(continues)
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 15, 2007, 9:52 PM
so has anyone else had a customer break their phone right in front of you? 🤣
Hombre07

Oct 15, 2007, 10:59 PM
I've had several do exactly that. Just look at them with a sad face and say 'they don't like that'.
rjsumthin

Oct 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
Well I work in a call center so not me nope. But I have had people throw the phone down and I can hear it cracking and then they yell at me.

Me: "Is everything ok there?"

Custy: "No I just threw your phone against a wall and it didn't withstand it very well, what the *@(@ Am i supposed to do without my phone?"

Me: **soft chuckle** "So you threw your phone against the wall sir?"

Custy: "Yeah, it is a phone, its supposed to last through anything"

Me: "Technology has come a long way, however not many phones are rugged enough to be thrown against the wall. But I do see you are available for an upgrade, and we have a military grade phone that I think might be PERFECT for you....."

Sometimes i wish customers could hear this
(continues)
V4Vengeance

Oct 16, 2007, 10:50 PM
Poor phone.... 😢 😢
Hombre07

Oct 16, 2007, 11:18 PM
Each store should have a little stretcher and stethoscope so when someone tosses their phone on the counter we can start to 'save' it.
WhoDey

Oct 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
I work with nextel dude.. I cant name a day I DONT see broken phones.

But I guarantee you the i355 will put up with having caterpillars run over it.. we get those a lot. They still work, theyre just a little flatter than they used to be
JJT25

Oct 16, 2007, 11:45 AM
I've had people throw their phones, break them in half, drop them on the floor, kick them, even thoug they were covered on insurance. The funny thing is when they do this they are no longer covered for the insurance because it only covers accidental occurences. So they went from being covered to not being covered just because they chose to drop the phone at my feet or kick it ect. 😁
ShackViperElite

Oct 17, 2007, 3:33 AM
Had a customer once we were trying to help... had Sprint on the phone checking insurance. Surprisingly enough, the person had shelled out the money for insurance on the line. So I tell her that and start to explain how she'll need to go for a Corp store to get it taken care of, but exactly how to do it. She throws the phone down and steps on it and I stop in mid sentence.

M: "Well, it was covered until you did that..."

C: "What?! Why didn't you tell me that!"

M: "Sorry.. not many people want to destroy $300 in electronics like that."
bethfornow

Oct 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
so a cust of mine bought a M500. two weeks later, while I was at our other location. He brought the phone in, broke into like 15 pieces in front of my coworkers and left it in a box with merry christmas on the lid! LOL It was ok though, he bought me a 50$ gift certificate to Ruby Tyesdays to make up for lost commision and bought a M300 at SRP.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.