Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

The Mobile Solution

Guy Montag

Sep 29, 2007, 9:28 PM
I had a gentleman in here asking about employment. I asked if he had any experience and he mentions TMS. We got to talking a bit and he divulges that it is common practice in the Cali store he was at to keep people SS numbers along with address and names on cards for future use. If someone doesn't pass credit they would use someone elses social to get it done without deposite. He claimed this was promoted by management. Sucks there isn't any way I can report this. Tmo needs to get off their arse and boot these guys.
ShackViperElite

Sep 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
The Mobile Solution is probably the single biggest black eye this industry has at the moment. How they continue to operate just... baffles me. They violate every standards practice in the book.
coziamnumber1

Sep 30, 2007, 11:05 AM
digitmasher on here used to work for them, and he told me that his manager would have him take money out of his pocket to help close the sale.

The one in the mall I work at now is the least shady out of all the ones that i have seen (about 15-20 of them)
M15TER P1NK

Sep 30, 2007, 1:21 PM
before i worked in the wireless industry i had a friend that worked for mobile pollution... it would make me sick how much he bragged about setting up fraudlient accounts... if someone ran their credit there and came back with no deposit, then he failed to close the deal he would activate 2 or 3 phones in their name anyway using the free phones...

his total length of employment... 2 months...
Guy Montag

Oct 3, 2007, 9:17 PM
It's bad enough that you can't walk though a mall with out being assaulted, or verbally "pitched" as they call it, but then they totally screw over those who are foolish enough to stop and check out their service. Their past employees need to ban together and get them put out of business! I'm surprised there hasn't been any government investigations into identity fraud yet.
yodude

Oct 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
The very name is enough to piss me off... Especially when I worked for alert and all I heard was "Did you know those mobile solutions people keep telling me that you guys know nothing about your job and that we will get screwed if we sign up with you?" and this was from customers. Or when the TMS employees themselves walked behind a new customer that had just finished activating and would make some rude comment like "It's a shame you let HER activate your phone and talk you into that one. I would have been able to at least tell you how to work it. Stupid girls." And they had enough balls to tell security every time they got a ticket for violating the rules that Security better order more tickets cuz they were gonna do whatever they wanted a...
(continues)
ondisplay

Oct 4, 2007, 2:06 PM
One of our local news channels did a story on then with hidden cameras and the works. Right near where the kiosk I used to work in and for a few months after they were very uptight and not the usual pieces of human sh!t that they are normally..... but last I saw they were back to their old ways.

Tmo won';t do anything about them cause(at least a year and a half ago) they actually get more acts then Tmo corprate stores.
EnhancedHeidi

Oct 7, 2007, 3:45 PM
Our Store has already reported them a couple of times...they keep telling people that the military is buying nextel...
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 3, 2007, 9:48 PM
Mobile Solutions are the worst, they past out fliers at the local mall that said Sprint was going out of biz. I have also heard stories like you talked about.
Guy Montag

Oct 3, 2007, 9:58 PM
Someone should seriously put them out of business.
paddyoc

Oct 4, 2007, 10:36 AM
Doing that without sinking to their level is difficult.
skippyvan

Oct 4, 2007, 12:22 PM
Ive never seen a mobile solution store or met anyone from one but its pretty obvious they suck ass. I wonder how the one newb who just started there and is looking at phone scoop for the first time feels about threads like this lol.
mooiscoow

Oct 4, 2007, 1:46 PM
They wanted to hire me, but I have too many problems with them. Here they do SunCom.

1) They are quick to turn off one account and just open another, because they only have a 15 day pay period with the company.

2) They don't care about you unless you are setting up service.

3) They don't mind adding unwanted features. You took it off. Okay, just add it back.

4) They pass out a flyer for a Free SLVR. Customers were upset to find out after purchase it wasn't an SLVR, but a L6. They would just give customers the run around until their 15 days were up.
sckoisks17

Oct 4, 2007, 1:52 PM
I'm really glad there isn't a TMS store around here, that I know of. I'd hate to fix all of their farkups. But then, the COR stores in the area do the same things sometimes...
Sprintkitty

Oct 4, 2007, 3:52 PM
We have one here, but luckily I sell a different carrier than they do.
burgundy

Oct 4, 2007, 7:19 PM
We have no corp store in this area and the two I manage are the only two that aren't TMS. Recently I've had a bunch of customers who have said that they were offered a $19.99 Unlimited voice plan. Well, T-mo doesn't offer this plan at all. I wonder how many people will come in next month crying to me about how they went over their "unlimited" plan. Had a customer last week come back after her first month. She chose TMS over us because they had a t-629 for free. Not such a good deal when I tried to call in the warranty exchange and couldn't because the phone was used. 🤣 🤣 I wish everyone else could learn before they go there.
ihateeverything

Oct 4, 2007, 7:55 PM
The Final Solution. 🤣
Sprintkitty

Oct 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
I actually had a guy from the local Mobile Solutions try to scam my newbie a couple of days ago.

A few weeks back, he bought a phone from us (his deposit with his own carrier-Suncom-was probably too much. Sprint's deposits are generally extremely low comparitively speaking). He came back about five days later wanting to return it because 'his uncle got him a phone'. He didn't have the plastic tray that came in the box, so we couldn't do the return without the exact tray. He went off.

He came back while I was off, told my newbie he'd had his phone for about a month (the phone was apparantly beat all to hell at this point), that the phone was messing up, and that he had called Sprint customer service and they had told him he could take ...
(continues)
cingagent

Oct 6, 2007, 1:30 PM
Straight from their website, TMS's "Core Values"

Our Company Profile
The Mobile Solution Corporation (TMS), is headquartered in San Diego, California. We are the United State's largest mall-based retailer of personal mobile communication devices.

TMS is a privately held company with roughly 450 retail locations and over 2900 employees. Our convenient, customer-friendly locations allow us to be the one stop solution for every customer's mobile communication needs.

Click on the following links if you would like to learn more about our history, or vision.

--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Our Core Values
Our Core Values have been an essential contributor to our growth and success...
(continues)
WM6user

Oct 7, 2007, 9:13 PM
🤣
BigShowJB

Oct 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'm just glad the nearest store to us is 65 miles away

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.