Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Treat Phone Like Garbage = It Will Work Like Garbage

L7

Sep 28, 2007, 5:52 PM
I have noticed that people expect WAY too much out of a phone.

Construction workers that throw it around, get it full of junk and then freak out when it doesn't work...and feel that saying "i work outside" validates the misuse.

People that get the phone moisture damaged and then ask you "well how did that happen!?" 😕

People that assume a warranty covers everything. Whether their dog chewed on it or they dropped it in a toilet.

People that expect a phone to last more than 2 years and will do anything to not have to sign a contract to get a phone.

People that buy the absolute cheapest phone and then complain that it doesn't pick up on the moon and won't mow their lawn.

People that don't back up their files... 😢

Pe...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Sep 28, 2007, 7:02 PM
People think that by telling me they will cancel their DSL and landline phones will make me give them credits on their overages.

People don't pay attention when you explain something like activation fees, then get mad later on because "No one told them that"

People like to tell you everything from the last 3 years with the phone, even though it has nothing to do with their current issue.

People like to yell and scream at you about their ignorance, but cannot comprehend their own fault.
Guy Montag

Sep 28, 2007, 9:35 PM
People who say "that's how they get you" when they see outright costs.

People who complain about outright costs after turning down insurance.

People who purchase phones for their children and then contest the overages incurred."my kids would never do that!"

People who think they deserve hot new phones for free because the flyer says they get a free upgrade.(read waived upgrade fee)

People who say I am worthless because I can't transfer their contacts from a phone at the bottom of the bay to their new phone purchased at walmart.
CricKet14

Sep 28, 2007, 9:41 PM
People who claimed to be with their company for 6 years, but are not eligible for their upgrade.

People who walk into your store and say absolutely nothing to you, even after you greeted them.

People who fail the credit checks with "past unpaid balanced" and claim to have never owned a cell phone.

People who say "I'm just looking".

People who ask, "Can I borrow your phone for a second?"

People was ask if I will charge their phone for them.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 28, 2007, 9:53 PM
People who 'dispute' charges less than $5.

People who don't know their own number.

People who demand to talk to The President of the company immediately.

People who think yelling and swearing at me will make the rules change.

People who cry over their bills.
cingagent

Sep 29, 2007, 10:18 AM
People who have their phone shut off every month for non-pay and complain that their bill is too expensive

People who dropped their phone in the toilet 3 days after purchase and complain that they can't get a free phone

People who ask about their free upgrade to an iphone

People who buy their phone at another store and come to my store to complain about the horrible sales rep

People on a 39.99 plan and complain their bill is too high
mooiscoow

Sep 29, 2007, 10:39 AM
People who buy a Blackberry, and expect you to set it up to their nonexistent email address.

People who wants you to access their account without their phone number or account number.

People who wants you to do the impossible, but says that they know we could cause they worked with the company.

People who thinks it is crazy we don't carry accessories for a phone that has be discontinued for over a year.

People who are mad when I tell them we don't repair phones.

People who thinks insurance means they can change out their phone.

People who call to complain over Regulatory Fees!

People who don't understand that rollover minutes = cash.

People who don't understand that I don't get to keep the deposit.

People who don't...
(continues)
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Individuals who think it is a GUARANTEE that we will be able to transfer their phone-book etc. to a new phone. Apparently when we don't have the cord we use magic!

Individuals who did not like their phone when they initally purchased the phone and wait a year to come in to complain stating "i finally got around too it" (just happened)

Individuals who rude and ill-mannered to us in the store and yet expect us to have a smile on our face because we "get paid to do this"

Soo many more---so little time...
mooiscoow

Sep 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
People who think that I care that their phone always suck, when I tell them they can't upgrade.
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 11:59 AM
I second that.
Sprintkitty

Sep 29, 2007, 6:54 PM
People who don't understand when I tell them that if there is any physical damage whatsoever to the phone, they won't be able to return it (but it's only a little dent! Yes, sir, but it's still a dent.).

People who say "I never download anything, so why am I getting charged for data?" and then talk about the ringtones and wallpapers they have on their phone.

People who say "I have a plan with no roaming, so why am I getting charged for roaming?". Sounds like a legitimate question, but when you go 2700 minutes over your plan (!!!!), you get charged roaming fees for the overage minutes (true story; she had a 1350 minute plan, and went over it by 2700 or so. Her bill was over a thousand).
pixystyx

Sep 29, 2007, 6:55 PM
Customers who come in on the 31st day and proceed to tell me that they are unhappy with their phone and want to exchange it. And then after you tell them the policies, they freak out because "I am an incredibly important person and I work a lot, blah blah blah."
AND THEN when you tell them that you remember them coming in TWICE after they purchased the phone, they freak out and start hassling you and telling you that you don't have a real job and that you don't deserve two days off during the week, even though you have been working eight days straight and have to go to school for twelve hours during the week and then have seven hours of homework on top of that!!! Sorry about the rant, that just happened to me and I needed to get it off my ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.