cust calls 8 minutes before you open

StoreLead

Sep 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
do you answer?
or do you not?
cilvzwagent

Sep 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
Depends.....is my phone turned off of night mode yet? 👀

If yes, I answer it, if No....I let my night machine catch it..and they'll call back in 8 minutes.
StoreLead

Sep 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
your lucky.

we don't have 'night mode'. either someone answers or we don't.
Sprintkitty

Sep 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
I do. Commission is the only thing that makes me stick around, and if I have a chance to get a leg up, I'm there. ;)

Granted, most of the time it's a question from a current user, but I'm ever hopeful. *grins*
StoreLead

Sep 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
i don't get crap in commission anymore.

i'm a C store, and our previous ARD decided to bump everyone's quota up to 'national standard', and with the new comm structure we need to hit 22 just to get paid on acts, and even then it's about $10. 22 at my store is a good month for an individual rep.

i'm just at a point where i don't care anymore.
Tmo Slave

Sep 26, 2007, 12:28 PM
Our store doesn't open till 10:00 am. The problem though is some others open at 9:00 am. So customers think we open at 9 as well. Its annoying when I'm walking in in the morning and I can hear the phone ringing from the other side of the mall. I don't normally pick it up. Though one of the few times I did, it ended up being a 5 line deal 😁
timslo

Sep 26, 2007, 3:10 PM
That's how I feel so I answer the phone no matter how early or late it is. Most of the time it's CS issue but I've gotten lucky a couple of times.
ima_gn0me

Sep 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
Are you crazy?!?!?!
StoreLead

Sep 26, 2007, 1:18 PM
well.. no.

i don't either.
kapwww

Sep 26, 2007, 1:37 PM
I'm not always at the store 8 minutes before we open, but if I am, my answering machine message has my hours. If it's 2 or 3 minutes before, that's different, but only if I'm up and running and set for the day.
BigShowJB

Sep 26, 2007, 2:08 PM
8 min befor e open 15 min after close, yeah I answer the phone aftre i check caller ID
krickt

Sep 26, 2007, 4:48 PM
on whether or not I'm near the phone, in a good mood, or if I know or don't know the number on the caller ID (small town). I've been known to ignore the phone ringing 20 seconds after I lock the door with that customer calling my number from the front door on his cell.

Most of the time, when I'm closed, I'm not here, whether or not I'm here or not.
PhoneyName

Sep 27, 2007, 6:30 PM
We don't answer the phone before opening or after closing, AT ALL. If we need to call in sick or whatever, we call someone's cell phone.
cellb1tch

Sep 28, 2007, 7:05 PM
**** NO!!!

I OPEN AT 9 I DON'T START ANSWERING THE PHONE OR WAITING ON CUSTOMERS TIL 9!

THEY CAN WAIT OUTSIDE OR THEY CAN BLOW UP THEY PHONE...I AIN'T DOIN **** TIL 9:00
Guy Montag

Sep 28, 2007, 9:21 PM
I'll answer the phone but I won't let people in the door till open.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.