Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

am i weird?

foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 3:03 PM
ive worked for a verizon dealer for about 7 months. i applied to an att cor store and have my interview. assuming i get the job (which i dont know yet), is it weird for me to want to stay with my indirect because of my customers? i mean att cor is better and pay, benefits, and hours. but i have so many customers, i feel guilty. this is my first cell job so i wanna hear from you guys that have jumped around.
sckoisks17

Sep 22, 2007, 3:20 PM
Not really, but be prepared to be fired from either one (or both) if one finds out you're working for the other. It's a conflict of interest, store managers (especially COR managers) don't like their associates working for other companies.
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 3:58 PM
no not at the same time!
sckoisks17

Sep 22, 2007, 5:07 PM
Ohh, okay. I thought you wanted to work both places at the same time because you felt you were abandoning your customers at your kiosk.

I say go for it, then - you get more customers at a COR store, which means more money for you. Plus you can get AN IPHONE ON AN EMPLOYEE PLAN!~
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 6:51 PM
ooooo yay! just what i wanted..... 🤨

sorry not a fan of the touch screen stuff
woodywoody500

Sep 23, 2007, 2:34 AM
I work for cell one, soon to be bought by AT&T. Hopefully, the great overlords at AT&T will deign to keep us lowly dobson care reps on when the takeover has been completed. What are the benefits like with AT&T? Also, any thoughts on what will happen to us dobson call center employees?
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 3:46 PM
take the COR job, the pay is as high as 60k plus...
specopbookie

Sep 22, 2007, 3:52 PM
Tell all of your customers where you are going... try to get them to go to the COR store too so you keep some business. But the COR store is a better bet, and you can make new customer friends lol
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 3:59 PM
cant tell them whereim going...im leaving verizon and going to att....hence my problem.
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 4:00 PM
my kiosk for verizon is in the same mall as the cor store for att! id be in the same mall, different carrier!! i feel like i should forget the cor position...but its soooo much better!
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 4:01 PM
TAKE IT!!
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 4:02 PM
ok if you insist. is it going to be weird tho?
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 4:03 PM
for 50-60k per year, you can learn to live with weird!!!
BigShowJB

Sep 22, 2007, 4:04 PM
there's a guy who used to work at my ind kiosk and now he works at the VZW cor store about 20 ft away
specopbookie

Sep 22, 2007, 4:11 PM
My advice... Dont take it. Every customer that you convinced to sign for Verizon... that you helped... is now going to feel betrayed because you are now offering rival service and trying to get ppl to sign with them... I dunno, depends on how much of a guilty conscience you have and how bad you want money...
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 4:26 PM
see? thats what i mean! i do have a guilty conscience but i need money really bad too! everyone keeps telling me to think of myself but i just feel so bad. its not that i dont like verizon, i think they are great, but i like att too. there is nothing bad about either carrier. except that cor pays better than indirect
Lapdog

Sep 22, 2007, 7:38 PM
That's how anyone should look at it. Same job, more money. Feelings for customers don't pay the rent. The voice of experience has spoken...
Nautic812

Sep 22, 2007, 4:02 PM
go where the money is. you should always be looking for a job while working at your current one. Theres always something better out there unless your a Playboy Photographer😛
foxiangel5

what about the playboy towel boy?
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 4:05 PM
I'd be your towel boy....
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 4:27 PM
😳 would you enjoy the part where i floss it between my cheeks? lol
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 4:39 PM
🤤
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 4:44 PM
🤣 i love that family guy!
nuckingfuts

Sep 22, 2007, 4:58 PM
foxiangel5 said:
🤣 i love that family guy!

Which one?
nuckingfuts

Nautic812 said:
..... unless your a Playboy Photographer😛

Are they hiring? 🤣
That_Other_Guy

Sep 22, 2007, 6:50 PM
Think of this as a blessing in disguise. Keep your customers, take 'em over to the new carrier! FREE NEW ACTS!
foxiangel5

Sep 22, 2007, 6:52 PM
i guess but how could they trust me again! and i would have to wait til all their contracts ended! 2 years!
Foamy

Sep 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
I'm a few days late here, but here's my 2 cents anyway.

Any of your customers with half a brain (which are the only ones you care about anyway) will totally understand.

When I left my last company to come to the one I'm with now I told any of my regular customers that I was leaving. Usually they were sad that I was going to go, but I'd flat out tell them why I'm going if they asked. And the usual response is "you gotta go where the money is."

None of your customers will take it personally, they all understand that business is business and you need to do what's best for you. And if they don't understand that... f**k 'em.
d3ity

Sep 24, 2007, 4:24 PM
I was considering switching to a corporate store... still with vzw. Heres why I canned the idea.

It's a corporate store.

That means corporate bullshit. I can't get approval for something simply by calling my boss. I get alot more leeway as far as making a sale with the indirect channel.

Idk, I just prefer indirect for some reason.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.