Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

My First Post

liuyaming

Sep 19, 2007, 5:32 PM
First off, thanks for entertaining me every day at work.

I just had a customer come in with a headset they bought for their cell phone. It was a 3.5mm headset jack on one end and a standard corded phone on the other end. The wire was even curly like an old school land line phone.

I wish they made a Bluetooth one...
nization

Sep 19, 2007, 5:36 PM
lol thats great. I sell At&t so now I get people coming in asking if I have batteries for their home phone, what our plans are (for home phones) and so on.
Guess its better then the lady who asked if we sell TVs 😳
burntbridges

Sep 19, 2007, 5:39 PM
haha, yeah.. i had a lady come in who wanted a battery for her cordless phone.. 😡
d3ity

Sep 20, 2007, 9:17 AM
Had someone who wanted a digital camera battery last week.

Seriously, I don't walk into grocery stores and ask if they have a muffler for my car...

Where do these people come from? I mean the wireless/landline thing I get... but what the hell?
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 9:52 AM
Be soooooo very happy that you aren't a RS dealer, and an agent for a cell company. You wouldn't beleive what people come in here for!
marenda

Sep 19, 2007, 5:41 PM
people always want to buy directtv from me.
mooiscoow

Sep 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
A old lady brought in her cordless phone asking why it won't work when she leaves the house. Her kids gave her a new house phone and a new cell phone on the same day. She didn't know that the other one was the cell phone.
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 9:51 AM
I have one, it was a semi gag gift for my dad for christmas. I wish the one that fits the razr wasn't $20 more, or I'd get him another one. And I think they are working on a Bluetooth one, if they haven't done it already.
Kyrillion

Sep 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
They actually have some out already, I own one. you can find them at thinkgeek.com, but they are not put together very good, so definitely not worth the investment
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 10:40 AM
Well if it's under $20 then it's worth the gag gift, but I agree, I think the BT one is over $50, so it kinda doesn't work for me as a gag gift anymore.

The handset I have feels really cheap and light, but seems to work okay!
Kyrillion

Sep 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
The BT one I bought was $40, you have one of the wired ones right? I got one of those too but mine was kind of normal weight.
I love it because then I can rest it on my shoulder with out having to see everything vertical horizontally.

On a side note, I do still have the bluetooth one and am thinking about selling it for cheap. If any of you want it let me know
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 1:31 PM
Contact me off list, I may want it!
kapwww

Sep 20, 2007, 1:13 PM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless/exclusive-thinkg ... »

I think someone else posted this a while back, but there is something out there...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.