Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Return/Exchange Policies

cilvzwagent

Sep 19, 2007, 4:23 PM
Ours is 30 Days, less than 500 mins of airtime usage, and the phone must be in the same condition it was sold at, and the label on the box not removed for rebate purposes.

Just had a customer who bought a phone for his wife 2 weeks ago. Says we didn't tell him about the 500 min rule, and that it's up to us to fix it. Well, sir, you were told, because it was ME who sold you the phone, and I always explain the policy, and have them read the Return policy form before they sign it. Nevermind you brought the copy of the exact same policy back in the store with you.

"But my wife is hard of hearing, and can't hear out of this phone"

I really wanted to look at him and say, "It shouldn't have taken 2 weeks and over 10 hours of usage on ...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Sep 19, 2007, 4:27 PM
Yea people are assholes. Even when you try to help them they still want to **** and piss all over you and act like 12 year olds.
d3ity

Sep 20, 2007, 9:15 AM
Amen.

And ffs, you got the phone for free! It's not like you had to spend money on the damn thing you cheap bastard. No you can't return it. I should slap you for trying.
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 9:56 AM
Our exhange policy is 30 days, and we don't even require that you don't cut the rebate info off the box, or have a maximum usage policy. All we say is bring the phone back in exactly the same condition and container you bought it in, with all the stuff that was in the box, within 30 days. You wouldn't beleive how many people try to bring the phone back without it's chargers, box, just the phone, or come in three months after the 30 days is up saying it hasn't worked right since day one.
cilvzwagent

Sep 20, 2007, 1:13 PM
No, I'd believe it, it happens here way too often!
krickt

Sep 20, 2007, 1:33 PM
I should have said those outside of the wireless industry wouldn't believe it.
I had a guy yesterday try to return an alarm clock with no box, no reciept or anything for full refund price. He couldn't understand why he was leaving the store without money. I think he's still confused.
kapwww

Sep 20, 2007, 1:18 PM
I love when someone sets a wet, stolen, and cracked phone on the desk asking to return for a full refund. EHH???

1. You didn't buy it here
2. It's FUBAR
3. I'm not giving you money for drugs
4. Go away

I just had a guy who bought a used phone on Ebay that had the charging port broken out of the bottom and asked me to refund his money "Because it all goes to Verizon anyhows". I literally laughed the whole time I walked him to the door.
phatbasstard

Sep 20, 2007, 5:36 PM
krickt said:
Our exhange policy is 30 days, and we don't even require that you don't cut the rebate info off the box, or have a maximum usage policy. All we say is bring the phone back in exactly the same condition and container you bought it in, with all the stuff that was in the box, within 30 days. You wouldn't beleive how many people try to bring the phone back without it's chargers, box, just the phone, or come in three months after the 30 days is up saying it hasn't worked right since day one.

ditto
kapwww

Sep 20, 2007, 1:15 PM
Amen...I agree. If it mattered that much, they would have been back earlier. When you deny people what they want, they usually have backup lies waiting, just hoping you'll be dumb enough to go for it.
ihateeverything

Sep 20, 2007, 3:38 PM
500 minute rule? First I have ever heard of that. What if they buy a higher plan than a measly 500 minutes? Who do you work for?
cilvzwagent

Sep 20, 2007, 5:16 PM
I work for a VZW Prem. Agent location. The reason we have that rule is because if the phone has more than 500 mins of airtime on it we can not return it to VZW or our distributor for any credit, we're just simply going to be sitting on a phone with a lot of airtime on it that we can't get our money back out of.

Most people SHOULD know before they use 500 mins of airtime on it whether or not they like it. The 500 min rule is waivered a little bit if they are cancelling out altogether due to service issues, etc.. We hadn't had the 500 min rule until the last couple months. we are sitting on a ton of phones that have well over 10 hours of talktime on them, that we can't get reimbursed on, or get atleast what we paid for them back. It ...
(continues)
PhoneyName

Sep 20, 2007, 5:22 PM
We usually hold on to returned phones with too much talk time to send back. Then we sell them at retail with a discount to someone with a busted phone and no insurance. They know up front it's used, but they get a break and we get rid of the phones, so everyone's happy.
cilvzwagent

Sep 20, 2007, 5:27 PM
Yeah we tried that system for a while. But when the most we can discount is 20% off of retail (which essentially makes the phone at our cost), most people would rather fork out the extra $30-$40 to buy a brand new not used phone. And it's not like it's just my store, I am within a 20 store company. Multiply the 10 or 15 "used" phones per store, across that many stores, that's way too much inventory to just have sitting.... We still hold on to some of the used ones with less than 500mins and discount them down for those people who don't have insurance, or are on prepay service.
ralph_on_me

Sep 20, 2007, 5:23 PM
As an att agent, we don't have a minute rule unless the phone was never sold (OBF). They give us a strict 90 day rule, meaning that we only have 90 days from the day we receive the phone from att to return it. So if a customer buys a 62 day old, tries it out for 29 days, and returns it on day 91 we're stuck with it.
cellb1tch

Sep 20, 2007, 4:19 PM
we have a 14 day return policy with phone in 'like new' condition. i explain the return policy along with 'if you cut the box to send in the rebate we have to charge you a $25 restocking fee. so wait at least the 14 days before you cut the box.'

so many people say '$25 restocking fee!! that's stupid.'

i say 'yes it is stupid that's why i'm telling you how to avoid it, so you don't have to pay it.'
woodywoody500

Sep 23, 2007, 4:45 AM
you work cell one don't you?
duckbutter

Sep 20, 2007, 4:36 PM
I had some a$$clown come in last week that brought the phone in and wanted me to exchange it. I overheard him tell another customer it was defective. When I finally got to him he said it had some scratches on the inside and was beat up on the outside. He claimed it was like that when he got it and that I should swap it out because it shouldn't come like that. It looked like he slid it across the parking lot 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.