Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Contract Extension On Top Of Contract Extension

hardcorehavok

Sep 17, 2007, 12:20 PM
C - I want to get that Sony phone you guys are advertising.

R - Okay...which one?

C - The one with the music player.

R - Okay...which one? We have the W200a bar style, the W300i flip or the W580i slider.

C - The one that has a camera.

R - they all have cameras. (I pulled all three out for her to see.)

C - I want the one that is $50.

R - Okay, that is the W200a. It is $50 with a new line or upgrade and a 2 year contract.

C - Okay. I'll take it.

I pulled up her account.

R - I'm sorry, but I see you just upgraded in July and you wouldn't be eligible again until January 2009.

C - I'll sign a new contract.

R - I'm sorry ma'am, but you are already under a contract. If you wanted the phone today, you'd have to pa...
(continues)
nuckingfuts

Sep 17, 2007, 1:12 PM
I get that all of the time, I just tell them they cant get that price until their current contract is nearly finished, most get it but not all....
ralph_on_me

Sep 17, 2007, 1:23 PM
If only we could stack ETF's along with it...
sprintg19

Sep 17, 2007, 3:31 PM
I would've added it to her contract, given her another line, and another phone on her bill, then hoped her bill didn't come until after her return period ended.
chainsaw

Sep 17, 2007, 3:48 PM
We used to offer "ghost" lines for customer so they could get a discount on a new phone and they would just have an extra line of service that no one used. We did several a month, but customer care would let them out of their contract without a penalty because there was no usage on the line. 1. Care is dumb for doing that. 2. Since when did customer get smart enough to find loopholes? 3. We can't do it anymore ☹️
nization

Sep 17, 2007, 4:40 PM
Do you mean give her another line without telling her?! thats ridiculous! We have a kiosk thats right down the mall and they do that crap ALL the time. They also add a plethera of features on. PLEASE tell me you do not do this!
You don't work for Smart, do you?
chainsaw

Sep 17, 2007, 3:46 PM
Are you COR? How do yu have those phones in stock?!?
THE.BIG.DOGG

Sep 17, 2007, 3:55 PM
why cant u just add aline and then change the esn to the primary line.... 🤨

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.