Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Two Payment Stories

hardcorehavok

Sep 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
I work in a Cellular One Dealer location. We do new activations, upgrades, accessory sales and mostly payments. In the last week I have had 2 dee-dee-dees.

First, a man came in to make his payment. No problem. I pull up his phone number and then I notice he is pulling out a credit card to pay.

R - I'm sorry, sir. We only accept cash or check.

C - Well, this is a debit card.

R - Right. We cannot accept that form of payment.

C - Well, that is BS. I pay here with my debit card every month.

R - I'm sorry, but we do not do debit payments at this location.

C - I will just cancel my service and go to Verizon. (As he storms out the door)

After he left, another customer who was in the store came up to me and said that he would...
(continues)
d3ity

Sep 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
Gotta love when that happens.

I actually got applause when my store was packed. Customer right about in the middle of the line.

Normally when I'm crowded, I excuse myself from the current customer to do "crowd control", and I tell the customer exactly that. I go through the line and ask everyone what they need, If it's something thats going to take more than 30 seconds, I ask them if they mind waiting, if not, I offer them 10% off an accessory if they return. I'll even collect thier cell phone number and call them within 30 minutes to let them know I can take them right away.

I had two new activations in front of this customer, he wanted to upgrade after he dropped his phone in a lake. I'm 99% sure he wasn't eligible anyway.
(continues)
AttAgentX

Sep 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
Haha nice... I want some power like that...

When I get cussed at on the phone, I
    wish
i could be like
'Get off the phone... Im not kidding.. get OFF THE PHONE'
d3ity

Sep 17, 2007, 1:56 PM
As an indirect, I've got some interesting policies that I can cite in order to remove abusive customers from the store. It's a policy I like to call free will. I don't have to call corporate if a customer is being irate and uncooperative, or even cursing up a storm and in general being abusive. If he decides to call and complain, The worst thing that will happen is I will have to tell my boss what happened, and that I refuse to put up with assholes of that person's caliber.

Basically, I like being able to call the person at the top of my company and say, hey, I'm not dealing with this.
sprintg19

Sep 17, 2007, 3:20 PM
applause from here,too. CLAP!!!!
BigShowJB

Sep 17, 2007, 7:33 PM
😲 you got the clap????

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.