Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Are you for real?

SLRMcLaren

Sep 12, 2007, 6:55 PM
This lady just told me she wanted to pay her balance...

The balance was over $3K...

I asked if she wanted me to review her bill to see if we could cut it down as she may have gone over blah, blah, blah and she said no, she knows what she did and just wants to pay it.

I must be dreaming. She was very pleasant...she didnt scream or yell or even sound stern...The only reason i had to take the payment was because agents can only accept $1500 or less...

That was incredibly awkward for me...
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 12, 2007, 7:01 PM
I still hate her for some reason 👀

thats alot of money to me
SLRMcLaren

Sep 12, 2007, 8:54 PM
LOL. I couldnt figure out why she wanted a sup because the rep said, she wants to pay her bill. It wasnt until I saw the balance that I understood. She really was a very nice lady. Though like I said, it was very awkward.
Guy Montag

Sep 12, 2007, 9:39 PM
It's too bad she was honest about it. I know a lot of times ATT will meet people half way on overages if they ask. I had two people come in two days apart, both with 1k+ bills and I suggested they ask. They insisted it was their fault and they should pay it...
acthrellis

Sep 13, 2007, 10:05 AM
I've NEVER EVER EVER gotten anyone NICE about their bill..

ever.
Moruitelda

Sep 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
"Oh no, he doesn't use text messaging, that's impossible!

What does it mean, 153 billable minutes!?

But I'm on the $10 unlimited txt package, why are there 4000 overage messages!?

But I'm on the select plan, why are there $500 in Premium SMS charges!?"

I get those all regularly. The bottom two are the most fun to explain that, yes, they have the $10 text package, that yes, it's unlimited to Verizon customers, no, you only get 500 out of network, and your sales representative was just lazy and called it unlimited to get the sale from you; and that Premium SMS are free from Verizon, but the content provider can still charge you.

I had one a few weeks ago where a 60ish year old woman was looking at a $400 voice bill due to some ...
(continues)
V4Vengeance

Sep 14, 2007, 7:59 PM
"I'm supposed to get free INCOMING calls. It says right here, unlimited In Calling, but there are incoming calls on my bill with charges next to them." 😳
Moruitelda

Sep 14, 2007, 11:44 PM
Worse is when they're actually right.

"What are you talking about? I can't have text overages, I have the $10 unlimited plan." ☹️

I've heard several reps just refer to the $10 unlimited plan to customers because they were too lazy to say "unlimited Verizon-to-Verizon messaging with 500 out of network." The customers come back with overages, and I have to explain why.

"My aircard got turned off because I was running a file server/playing Quake II/downloading DVD rip movies in 1080p! I thought my service was unlimited!"

I seem to be the only rep in my district that leads the top data plan qualification/sale process by talking about the 5 GB cap, what it entails, and how ridiculously high it is for normal usage. Even though it is NO...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Sep 16, 2007, 2:04 PM
This really is one reason I actually like working for the company that I work for.

We're a smaller provider and we know it so when we do unlimited stuff we mean UNLIMITED and we usually put no restrictions as to what network you're calling/messaging to.

We're actually reasonably honest on our end, not that TMS still aren't bastards... but policy is usually pretty honest.
Dj Podmaster

Sep 13, 2007, 6:40 AM
REALLY?!?!?!? people at my location can easily afford to pay their bills but will stand and argue over a $0.50 911 fee and get all worked up over it. One guy said"Ill never use that service why should i pay for it?"
d3ity

Sep 13, 2007, 10:09 AM
I had someone try to get me to take E911 off yesterday... Idiots.
Moruitelda

Sep 13, 2007, 10:16 AM
🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.