Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Advice needed

NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 3, 2007, 6:56 PM
I'm the ASM in a store that used to do huge numbers (thanks to fraud all before I came to the company) but I have this DM who has been able to convince himself that it wasnt due to fraud even though he participated in the prosecution of several of the employees responsible, he still expects huge number from my two stores and I need a polite way to tell him that hes delusional. right now all I can come up with is "you must be a F*ing retard" my SM has had enough and has told me that this will be his last week with the company... I'm a student I dont have the time to dedicate to this company to be a manager... grrr... im not sure what I should do... any advice
Nautic812

Sep 3, 2007, 7:16 PM
Your just an ASM. Dont try them to make you manager. Your main manager should be helping you out instead of giving you a hard time about the sales. I don't like managers that bitch and moan about numbers. I like managers who help their employees achieve their goals rather then tell them that their doing a horrible job
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 3, 2007, 7:24 PM
my manager doesnt say ish about the sales its my District Manager who complains like a lil girl... forgetting about his OWN 0 tolerance on fraud policies and refusing to accept the fact that the stores numbers where due to exploiting the system and the customers.. and that the companies new policies do nothing more than make the corp owned stores look like more of an attractive option..
Cellfoneslinger

Sep 3, 2007, 9:37 PM
Ask him what your churn was after the prosicution/fraud period ended then compare that percentage to your current numbers. And slap him, twice.
The Highlander

Sep 3, 2007, 9:39 PM
What wireless carrier do you work for NoanswersonlyQs?
ShackViperElite

Sep 3, 2007, 11:55 PM
It's been my experience that DMs in all chains lack the ability to look at anything beyond numbers on a sheet. If the numbers on the sheet say one thing, then that is what must be. The only reason you're not selling well is you. It can't be any other factor such as location, fraud, etc.. It all comes down, in a DM's mindset, to you and your store not wanting to do better.

My advice? Jump ship. Find either a new company, or a new career. Who ever replaces your SM will have a gun to their head to improve numbers, and and as ASM ... you'll be the first to be miserable.
arsimckhoi

Sep 4, 2007, 6:56 AM
Usually I'd say that quiting is never the answer but if he can't see the forest for the trees and the real situation your in then he's an ass and needs to be reported or you should quit. The last one seems to have the best results for your mental health and for the love of god don't get stuck in this industry i feel the chair i'm in right now creep and crawl it's way into my body making me complacent to some of the most tarded policies and guidelines and people (customers)... in fact let's quit together omigod! it'd be soooooo cool we'd be like go F' yourselves and leave and then panic when we get to our seperate domiciles because now we don't have jobs! It'd be the most awesomest of awesome things we could do....
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 7, 2007, 3:04 PM
yea id love to quit.. but i have this need of shelter and food that just wont let me..
mooiscoow

Sep 7, 2007, 3:24 PM
I had the same problem. I told her the following:

Due to our location, we don't get a group of people who come directly to my location to get service. We are located in the mall. We usually get implusive buyers. Now due to our location, we don't get such a high traffic volume directly for our store. You can not expect the same results. I know you wish for the same results, and right now that is not possible. We will work hard to get the numbers that are needed, but you can not expect an overnight miracle. I will try my best to increase sales, but this is a long term process. I do know there are some changes needed, but it will be best for me to judge and implement these changes for myself. I will keep you updated on our progress, but plea...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.