Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Anyone work in a different state than they live?...Long rant

3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
K so I live in Ohio and work in Kentucky. Easy enough right? Hell no today they are having their yearly Labor day fireworks nonsense. So, the person who is working at my store today (I am filling in so I am north of the border 🙂 ) has to go like 40 minutes out of his way to get back into Ohio since they will have every river crossing blocked. And the thing that kills me is it is not just a yearly thing. Between disaster preparedness drills, construction, and various celebrations involving riparian entertainments (bonus points to whoever can tell me what show that is from) there is probably 10 to 15 days out of the year that I have to go way the hell out of town just to get across. Anyone else have this issue?
Jennyboo

Sep 2, 2007, 1:04 PM
Wow.....you should move to Kentucky

I would....I don't like long commutes
3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 1:05 PM
Well usually it is only like 10 minutes at most. And to register my brand new car in Kentucky I have to pay sales tax on it again, so no I won't be moving to Kentucky. But I would be lying if I said I hadn't given it serious thought.
Jennyboo

Sep 2, 2007, 1:07 PM
Ah I see
Jennyboo

Sep 2, 2007, 1:08 PM
I meant to write more than that but I accidently hit enter lol

I was gonna say 10 minutes isn't bad at all
3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 1:10 PM
lol It really isn't bad at all just today.
Cellfoneslinger

Sep 2, 2007, 1:24 PM
Nope but I feel bad you have to go to kentucky
Nikoletta

Sep 2, 2007, 2:27 PM
I work in Idaho, live in Washington. It's a 15 minute commute most days... except they have road constructions going on which makes it 20.

I had to move over the state line for school... I wanted to keep this job and that was the only way to do it... I have to live there for a year before I can go to school at the University down in WA, which busses from where I live. Good times.
chkchkchk

Sep 3, 2007, 1:40 PM
Yay Cinci Bell/WEBN fireworks!
3gee

Sep 3, 2007, 1:58 PM
Did you see them?
chkchkchk

Sep 3, 2007, 2:55 PM
No. I work for the Plus Minus call center in Halifax and they force us to be excited about the goings-on in Cincinnati.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.