Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

LG 5200

foxiangel5

Aug 27, 2007, 1:37 PM
i've tried looking it up but im having no luck. when you open the phone, the voice commands menu comes up automatically. how can you change that???
foxiangel5

Aug 27, 2007, 2:02 PM
🤨
dmty

Aug 27, 2007, 2:07 PM
Sounds like water damage, is it in the car kit mode?
bdizzle

Aug 27, 2007, 2:16 PM
It has been a while since I have seen this, but if I remember correctly, while the voice command menu is showing hit the top left soft key for options, and there should be settings where you can turn of the "activate on flip" mode.

Hope this helps
krickt

Aug 27, 2007, 3:46 PM
Say "Driving Mode" when it says "Please Say a Command" If it's in Driving mode, it should say, "Driving Mode Deactivated". And problem solved. At least that is if the other way to fix it doesn't work, or if it hasn't been wet.
BigShowJB

Aug 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
or you just shoot the damn thing and geta new phone....
Gemini

Aug 27, 2007, 3:04 PM
Either what bdizzle said, or go to menu, settings, and either sounds or voice settings, and you should be able ot change it off of flip-open to side key only.
foxiangel5

Aug 27, 2007, 4:11 PM
ha, tried all that except telling it driving mode...no visible water damage...
yeahright

Aug 27, 2007, 4:16 PM
Does it say driving mode on bottom of screen? If it does just open it and say driving and it will trun it off.
foxiangel5

Aug 27, 2007, 4:18 PM
nope when you open it up it goes straight to the voice commands menu...she left and is coming back later expecting an answer..shes old..
yeahright

Aug 27, 2007, 4:22 PM
oh, welll you won't see driving mode on the screen because voice command comes up, but it will be there after you back out of that by hitting end or whatever. Just open it and say driving and see if it says "driving mode Off"
foxiangel5

Aug 28, 2007, 9:20 AM
ok will do
bdizzle

Aug 27, 2007, 5:32 PM
It is not in the main settings menu. You have to have the voice command prompt on the screen and use the left soft key for options to get to the feature to turn this off. If you go through the main menu, there is no option to change this setting. I tried for a long time once, and then one of my slaes reps came up and fixed it in a second. Embarrasing

Please let me know if the "driving mode" thing works though, I never thought of that
d3ity

Aug 28, 2007, 8:44 AM
Hold the * key.
foxiangel5

Aug 28, 2007, 9:19 AM
did that
Foamy

Aug 28, 2007, 9:38 AM
There are 2 ways to get rid of it. One is to just say "driving mode" when it comes up. The other is to hold down the button on the bottom of the left side of the phone while the phone is closed until the screen says driving mode deactivated.
yeahright

Aug 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
cool, there must be a couple different software versions, i thought that to but the one i have in my hand is different? weird, oh well
Foamy

Aug 28, 2007, 10:56 AM
I might be wrong, I don't recall which model they stopped the driving mode on. But if it does have driving mode, that's how to turn it off.
yeahright

Aug 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
the 5200 does not have a driving mode like older lg's, i just picked one up and played with it, go to menu, settings, voice menu, and select announce. that will turn off announce mode(same thing as old driving mode)
foxiangel5

Aug 28, 2007, 7:00 PM
thanks!!
cellphoneguy

Aug 28, 2007, 7:02 PM
👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.