Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Ever had this problem? (long)

s_scott15

Aug 21, 2007, 2:04 PM
Twice this week I have activated a new line and the next day i get a call back, the new phone can call out, send and recieve text messages, browse the web, but just cannot recieve calls. When you try to call it, it says "The number you have called is not a working number"

I have been on the phone for over an hour, being juggled back and forth between Care, Activations, back to care, tech support...blah blah. this is how it went.

1st rep: "no problem I 'll just go ahead and re-submit the activation. ok it is working now, I made a test call and it rang through. thanks for calling"

I tested it and he didn't fix a damn thing!

2nd rep: "So what is the problem again?"
Me: "It can call out but can't recieve calls"
rep: *click*

(continues)
M15TER P1NK

Aug 21, 2007, 2:13 PM
you sprint?
s_scott15

Aug 21, 2007, 2:14 PM
ATT
M15TER P1NK

Aug 21, 2007, 2:15 PM
hmm... i just had the same problem... but im sprint... thats not even the same freaking network... wth is going on?

Are the cellphones revolting!?
s_scott15

Aug 21, 2007, 2:20 PM
have you ever read the book "CELL" by Steven King? All the cell phones make their owners go crazy and kill people! 😳
BigShowJB

Aug 21, 2007, 7:47 PM
actually that's aquite a prophetic book.... but the real way it happens is that all the cell phone agents and sales people go crazy and kill their dumbass customers!!!!
M15TER P1NK

Aug 22, 2007, 9:45 AM
isnt that a movie i saw?

wait... no... thats me playing halo on xbox live yelling into the mic about early upgrades... and them breaking their phones and me having to give them a free one while running wild with stickys and a shotty... they are usually very confused... but thats how i releave work stress and get focused for the game...
oh man... if only i could actually play halo against my custys...

"ok you beat me in halo ill give you that free early upgrade... you lose you activate a new line of service.... deal?"

RUNNING RIOT...
BigShowJB

Aug 22, 2007, 9:48 AM
better yet, transmogrify your dumb as custys into the game... frag em for real
par_slim

Aug 21, 2007, 8:59 PM
Call forwarding or call forwarding could have been activated...but i liked the revolting stuff theory. 😁
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 21, 2007, 9:15 PM
That was a great book! I am a huge Stephen King fan. The story scare the piss out of me 😳

But I like the idea of the us Reps revolting 😈
longsleeves

Aug 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
Usually when the number can't receive calls it's due to the LRN(local routing number)only tech can fix that.
BigShowJB

Aug 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
either that or the MSID or MDN was programmed wrong
sckoisks17

Aug 22, 2007, 9:10 AM
I've had that problem with a Moto W315 through Alltel before. Usually it's just a glitch in the activation process, but in my case, the tech rep I spoke to INSISTED that it was a defective phone. I went ahead and activated a new one for that customer, and then turned around and sold the "defective" phone to another customer... it activated just fine. Something tells me the tech rep was just too lazy or too dumb to help me.
justink2006

Aug 22, 2007, 9:58 AM
I had a similar problem yesterday. this customer brought the phone the day before and it still wasnt activated. i am trying to figure out what in the world is going on. when you try to make a call to that phone, it goes to voicemail. when you call fromt that phone it goes to customer service. the problem was very simple. the sales rep who sold the phone put the wrong sim card number

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.