Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Would you download something call...

mooiscoow

Aug 18, 2007, 7:50 PM
WinAntiSpyware2007?

Apparently they saw the pop up and thought it was a good idea. It was a trojan horse. Now I get to come in during closing to fix it. Happy is me. πŸ‘Ώ
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 8:07 PM
This is why you don't install anything on your PC unless it is a software push from your IT people.
M15TER P1NK

Aug 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
YOUR COMPUTER IS AT RISK!!!!1!1!! 6546876435 VIRUS' DETECTED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE!!!!1!!!

OH NO *click* whew... that was a close *computer explodes* one...
Foamy

Aug 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
I have that same problem on my computer here. I've been trying to fix it for weeks and I can't get rid of it. I'm 2 steps away from a wipe and reinstall.
expectpwnage

Aug 20, 2007, 12:56 PM
esp if you are entering in customer information on that pc. that Trojan horse could be a keylogger.....
i would check it out.
Foamy

Aug 20, 2007, 1:16 PM
I've discovered it attaches itself pretty heavily to Internet Explorer so I don't use that.

I'm going to end up reinstalling everything, I just really don't want to do that as there's ALOT of software I'd have to reinstall again.
expectpwnage

Aug 20, 2007, 1:57 PM
best $150 bucks i ever spent that i thought would be a waste but turned out to make my life that much easier.

you should consider one.
M15TER P1NK

Aug 20, 2007, 2:04 PM
ha... i have one of them... 320 gig... i love it... used iDump to back up my ipod as soon as i got it... now im workin on filling it with anime
expectpwnage

Aug 20, 2007, 2:07 PM
i love mine as well.
i fell in love with it when i recently installed vista on a home pc (for about 29hours) then had to resort back to xp.

if i didn't have it, it would have taken me i'm sure about 29 hours to put all my software/media back on that pc.
expectpwnage

Aug 20, 2007, 2:01 PM
is they record EVERY keystroke, so rather your in IE, firefox, excel, notepad, paint, 18yearsold.com πŸ‘€ πŸ˜› , it records anything you type.
so if your entering in customer info on that pc i would make sure you get that taken care of.

i personaly recommend AVG free edition for virus scans and protection, you can google AVG free for a direct link to download.

i would set it up to Schedule an Update and Complete virus scan around midnight everyday.
that way your pc should allways be protected.
Foamy

Aug 20, 2007, 3:31 PM
That's the messed up thing about what's in my computer. I've scanned with Norton, McAfee, AVG, Spybot, AdAware and a few others. Nothing will detect it.
Nautic812

Aug 20, 2007, 5:37 PM
thats y net access should be limited to employees since most of them have no idea how to use a pc. Morons upset me and now their making you come in on your time off to fix it. I wish the world was smartπŸ™‚
mooiscoow

Aug 20, 2007, 6:18 PM
I work in a kiosk, so internet is our life. SO since I know we have morons who work with us, I make my boss pay for an monthly virus scanner from AT&T since we get a discount. Well, her husband was doing the bill and realize that our bill was higher than last time he saw it and complain. So they took it off. So, I call AT&T trying to figure out what happen, since I notice it was down. Now it is back up. My computer is happy, and no one died.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.