all discussions

show all 15 replies

Bomb in my car...

Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2007, 7:13 PM
😲

It's not what you think.

It was my own dang fault.

I left a six pack of soda (diet Dr. Pepper) in my passenger seat when I came into work.

APPARENTLY it was so hot that one of them EXPLODED in my car.

I found this when I went to lunch and picked up the other two that were left (it wasn't a full six pack.) by the little plastic ring and set it down on the ground and a second one when POW. So now there are two exploded soda cans and one that may still go off sitting next to my poor car because I'm too chicken to touch them again. I'll see if they've cooled down enough to handle when I go to leave.
MrAbstracto

Aug 14, 2007, 7:35 PM
Nikoletta said:
So now there are two exploded soda cans and one that may still go off sitting next to my poor car because I'm too chicken to touch them again.

🤣 🤣
I laugh because that sounds like me.
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2007, 8:01 PM
The first POW was pretty startling, the can went flying and my pants got soaked with soda and everything.
s_scott15

Aug 14, 2007, 7:48 PM
Jeeze where do you live that it is hot enough to explode soda cans?!?! 😳
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2007, 8:15 PM
Northern Idaho. It was in the direct sunlight which is probably part of the reason.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 14, 2007, 11:46 PM
I'm sorry you live in Idaho. ☹️ ☹️ ☹️
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't, I just work here. I moved over the state line about two months ago.
krickt

Aug 15, 2007, 9:51 AM
lol, anywhere north of Canada, and I'll bet that you can do that in Canada if you set it up right.

I've seen entire coolers blow up from being forgotten in the sun for days. Then again, I live practically in the desert.
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2007, 10:03 AM
Oh I've had plenty of sodas freeze and burst in my garage over winter too.
krickt

Aug 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
Yup, and in coolers, yet!
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
Actually, Idaho is a great state to live in if...

You are already wealthy and don't need to work.

You work for one of the major corporations and make massive amounts of money.

You don't like people much and want to be left the hell alone.

You're a crazy redneck and want to live someplace where you can hide without electricity or running water and plot your overthrow of the government from a two room shack.

You're living with rich relatives who are willing to support you.

You golf... a lot.

You're on vacation and don't leave downtown.

You hate your children and want them to have as crappy an education as possible (5th from the bottom in the country.)

So you see there are lots of people who think Idaho is great, I ...
(continues)
krickt

Aug 15, 2007, 11:58 AM
LOL, Idaho is gorgeous, but the entire NW is hard to live in if you aren't independantly wealthy. I don't see how people can afford to build houses there, much less live there full time.
ajstrong

Aug 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
if MT is in your version(different people have different classifications; I think it's NW) of the northwest, you do pay a premium for real estate, but the views are TOTALLY worth it. I'm from there, and miss it terribly.
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
We have a decent price of living actually, you can get a decent house for around 100k, 50k if you look in the right areas and are willing to fix them up a bit (only one bedroom with an office, that's a friend of mine.) Work is hard to come by but if you can get something good you stick with it. I'm here for school really, once I've got my degree I'll move someplace, probably Oregon, they have better schools.

But now I can make it each semester on crappy financial aid and a part time job without too much trouble.
chainsaw

Aug 14, 2007, 7:50 PM
You shouldn't drink and drive.
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2007, 8:17 PM
I'll keep that in mind if I decide to keep beer in my car.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.