Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

A question for at&t CC/Port admin workers

Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 6:26 PM
So this customer comes in and wants his cell number from another carrier and a new number on a family talk. A month later he decided he wants to replace the new number with his home number. What ends up happening is his original cell number is replaced with his home number. I call port admin immediately to fix this and they say they can't fix it for 24 hours. I call back the next day and they say they can't do it and have to submit something to the tech team and it can take up to 9 days. On top of all that their phone number that was ported in doesn't work. Does anyone know a faster way to get this done?
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 6:29 PM
home phone ports suck, and it sounds like the original request wasnt entered right.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 6:34 PM
No the problem was that someone from port admin replaced the wrong number on the account with the ported in number
mobilecsr

Aug 9, 2007, 9:29 AM
It can be easily fixed over the ph..If you get the right rep. All they have to do is replc the port in # w/ the orig. ctn and then swap the potrt to the correct #. It will take about 72 hrs to make all the chgs and home ports do take about 7 days.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 6:37 PM
They shut off the phone number that the case is being sent in about without telling me to??? WTF?? They can't fix investigate something on a phone if its active???
mobilecsr

Aug 9, 2007, 9:32 AM
They shut off the service?? That is not what should have happend at all. They could have easily corrected that in cust care..you didn't even have to contactpac at all. 😡

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.