Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

question 4 authorized dealers

justink2006

Jul 29, 2007, 3:42 AM
When you were in training, has anyone told you to lie to customers or just add a feature without telling the customer and have them think its the taxes? I started with this company last week yesterday the people I was working with telling customers that a certain plan came with M2M when it didnt. they were there before me. when I asked them about it, they said we are not lying, technically we are leaving the information n have them think its taxes. or just tell them this is your final bill, give or take 5 dollars.
d3ity

Jul 29, 2007, 9:29 AM
No, never. Thats shady as hell. You may want to consider printing out some resumes.

Reminds me of the lady who came in last week and asked why her bill was so high, she was 70 years old and she just got a samsung u540 (At least they gave her the right phone).. She had Vcast, ringback tones and a 20 dollar text package.

She barley knew how to use the phone. I showed her what the corporate drones didn't about how to save a number in her phone book, answer a call, where the charging port was... seriously

Then I took a look at her plan and saw about 50 bucks worth of data features a month. Granny isn't texting, why someone would do that to a customer is rediculous.

Anyway, companies that make a policy out of lying to thier custome...
(continues)
iRawesome

Jul 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
No. Our training programs constantly reiterated, "Honest sales are key to this company. If we're honest, we get return business." I've never lied to a customer or added features they didn't need or want. That is a gross misconception brought about by people that work at places like The Mobile Solution.
justink2006

Jul 29, 2007, 4:10 PM
how did u know that was the place i am working for?
betty_bermuda

Aug 2, 2007, 1:53 PM
every knows...they are hella shady...get out NOW while you still can and u still have ur reputation!!
frankiewawa

Jul 30, 2007, 12:56 PM
Correction. The mobile pollution and dirty sales reps 😳
cremz

Jul 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
I did a paper in college discussing the levels of ethics and morality in sales, and my point was that there is a moral relative factor in how you are compensated that can lead to the lower level of ethics and morality. Pure commission company's (Mobile Solution, Shock City) hiring policies are much more lax and also hire more employees as a whole because they only pay when something is sold (other than minimum wage if they don't hit that point). Employees then become desperate to earn more money and more sales which leads to immoral and unethical sales tatics. When there is a balanced mix of security (salary) and commission, is when you tend to get the most ethical and moral sales associates, and usually the associates that net the most sale...
(continues)
cellphoneguy

Jul 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
i agree to the fullest!
d3ity

Jul 29, 2007, 3:01 PM
Radioshack pays on the same system you just described.

We had a sales rep who was... notorious. He had the highest wireless hit rate in the district. He also would tell a 70 year old woman that her phone would not work without a case, car charger, and headset.
justink2006

Jul 29, 2007, 4:16 PM
well you are right in most cases. but there are some company who pay min.wage or commission whichever is higher promote honesty. my first job in wireless was 4 a company like that. i loved the job,but i had to resign because of some employee and few months later they went bankrupt. i am hoping to stay here for atleast an year so i could finish my college n work some where w/o loosing my ethics.
cremz

Jul 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
justink2006 said:
well you are right in most cases. but there are some company who pay min.wage or commission whichever is higher promote honesty. blockquote>

Companies can promote honesty however if a vigorous study was done I bet you would find my theory true. They can promote honesty, but in a company who pays salary and commission would not have to make it a priority because how the structure is set up it would severely reduce the chance of a sales person to become corrupt or unethical. It's obviously not going to "save" every person, but it's not an environment that is going to perpetuate it. In an extreme case like Best Buy/Circut City which is non commission, it is obviously harder to find an extremely knowledga
(continues)
chainsaw

Jul 30, 2007, 2:15 PM
I think people are blown away when they get on the sales floor after training. I know for a while with the good majority of the top reps had sales that were "questionable". But, what it takes is a company to enforce rules and audit sales. If a company has no guidelines for enforcement, fraud will be rampant. All upper management sees is numbers they don't have time to audit each transaction and aren't on the sales floor, so when they see someone excelling, they reward them and give them public recognition. When other new hires see this, they get the impression the only way to succeed is to be shady. It's a horrible downward spiral and once the company finds out people's heads get knocked off.
rookieb

Jul 30, 2007, 4:52 PM
When I was at corp this new kid started to out sell me. No prob. Maybe he's just really good at selling phones. When the customers started to pour in to our store to have their accounts and bills fixed a weired thing started to happen. The new kids id was constantly showing up as the activation sales agent. Come to find out he was doing/saying what ever he wanted to get people to sign up. He would blatantly lie to them or add what ever he wanted to the account when they signed up.
chainsaw

Jul 30, 2007, 5:00 PM
Yup, it happens all the time. The best way to get it to stop is to report him. We were told to ask your self 3 questions with every decision you make. One, is it fair to the company, two, is it balanced, and three, how would you feel if it were made public.

Many people don't care they are just out for their pay check and since many are young, job security doesn't really matter.
ajstrong

Aug 1, 2007, 1:51 PM
🤣 🤣

o, so idealistic. (sorry for bringing up a dead thread; been off 😎 )

"best" rep in our company is good, but she's shady as hell, and our upper level management knows about it/approves. if we aren't doing what she's doing, we're barked at for not "being like _____"

but then, I'm the only married-with-children on the floor too...

Verizon is screwy in and of themselves, nothing is balanced, and this employee's a manager who has stolen sales from her own sales team "because I worked on it for a long time." they never knew.

I hate what $$ does to people.
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 30, 2007, 7:39 PM
I have worked for 2 dealers for ATT in the NW and both were honest companies that did not encourage us to lie though one of the companies wanted extremely sneaky, aggressive people. There is a T-Mobile dealer, I don't know if they are nation wide but they are in the NW that tells their employees to lie. The other day they had printed something out saying the Sprint was going out of biz and passed that out to customers that were thinking of going with Sprint.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.