Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Foreigners

chainsaw

Jul 24, 2007, 3:29 PM
I know its cultural and all, but why is that most middle eastern people and asian people expect every phone in the store for free. Has anyone had any experience or technique to get as much money as possible out of them?
TmoBrett

Jul 24, 2007, 3:36 PM
I would say my best luck with getting the customers that want everything free is just making it clear that you don't care. Once you show that you really want the sale then they will start trying to haggle for hours on end. I usually just let them know I don't care, once they start saying they're going to move their current lines and such I just pull out the calculator and call their cancellation fee bluff.
Nikoletta

Jul 24, 2007, 3:41 PM
yes yes yes! "Ok, let me get you to customer care so they can talk to you about the Two Hundred Dollar Per Line cancellation fee since you don't want to pay twenty dollars to replace the charger you ran over with your car. Hold please."

But that's everybody too, no specific ethnicities.
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Jul 24, 2007, 4:56 PM
its true, they love to haggle- two groups of people who can never do business together: Chinese and Indians (from india). Haggling is an Olympic event with these people, they train for it lol
cellb1tch

Jul 24, 2007, 5:00 PM
i can't wait to see who calls you a racist first.

not me, i heard someone say that stereotypes are based on reality...and for most things i have to agree!
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Jul 24, 2007, 5:03 PM
Funny thing is that that most of what i said was from and Indian comedian- Russell Peters. He's so funny that he's extremely popular in arab countries; why is this such a big deal you ask- because the average resident of Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. HATE Indians- particularly the non-muslims. Yet this guy has sold out shows in those places, odd isnt it?
iamverybored2

Jul 25, 2007, 7:44 PM
JUST SAY "LOOK HERE FOREIGNER, YOUR KIND IS NOT WELCOME HERE" THEY SHOULD LEAVE PRETTY QUICKLY.
cilvzwagent

Jul 24, 2007, 3:57 PM
I always have this problem myself. I did a little research on the matter to see if this was of the norm in their home country. And it is! Apparantly most everything in their native country is negotiable, and it's considered rude to not try to negotiate anything and everything. Granted, it's a pain in the butt, but it's cute how they always try 😉 After a while if they don't stop with me, I start negotiating the price up, then they catch on....... 😎
JayNSilentBob

Jul 24, 2007, 4:05 PM
Refer them to the sprint dealer and that way they can cancel their account 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.