Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

Another Crapatacular day...

Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 1:35 PM
Or is it Craptastic? I don't know, I don't care... I'm BORED! They're basically paying me to sit here and try not to drool on myself...

Here's why this is funny (because that really isn't that unusual. They get a crappy call flow early in the day and have to have us sit available for hours before they can start sending us home to make up) is that they crossed me into Admin some hours ago because apparent Admin needed help... let me check... yep, sitting 19 available in Admin atm...

Five minutes after transferring me they send out a floor wide e-mail saying that they will likely be crossing people into Accessories because Accessories is understaffed and needs helped... and me and the guy next to me who is also in Admin but really an ...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 1:40 PM
I'm sitting here going on UPS every five minutes to see if they've delivered my package that I've been waiting two weeks for (I'm really bored) and I am wearing flip-flop sandals which were, until last summer, technically not allowed. Last summer they finally gave up and took it out of the handbook. Basically now you can wear whatever as long as you're decently covered and don't have any crack, boobies, underpants, or bra straps showing... and your skirt is longer than your arms hang down...

But I have a bad habit of flipping my shoe around on my foot when I wear flip-flops... and my shoe just went flying. Now I have to go and get it... at least something happened.
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 1:47 PM
did it hit anybody?
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 1:59 PM
Nah.
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 2:03 PM
thats too bad...
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 2:07 PM
Yeah I know.

Oh My God! It's been an half an hour since the last call, which happened right after I posted the first one on this thread.

How do I get the boredom out of my brain!?!?!
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 2:14 PM
slamming your head against the monitor usually helps me....but dont do that. it might cause brain damage, then you'll be flippin burgers the rest of your life.... 😉
Foamy

Jul 11, 2007, 5:41 PM
No, that makes you management. 🤣
OfAMightDivine

Jul 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
She said "boobies" lol
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2007, 1:30 PM
I wondered when somebody was going to notice that!
OfAMightDivine

Jul 12, 2007, 2:03 PM
I pay alot of attention to situations like those 😁
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2007, 2:07 PM
I did it on purpose.
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 2:25 PM
That was my time between calls... just got one and boy was she stupid!

Customer care agent wanting me to send the customer a free car charger since some abysmally stupid person did it when she bought the Sidekick 3 last year.

We never promised the customer anything, the care agent readily admits that... she was just trying to dump the caller on me because she didn't want to deal with her.
krickt

Jul 11, 2007, 2:29 PM
do they not have LowCall at your call center? When I used to work in a call center, I used to get LowCall all the time. If there was more than 15 minutes between calls, they would start offering it. It was great to get to go home early with no penalty.
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 2:34 PM
Doesnt Customer Care always dump calls they dont want to handle to warranty, seems to be that way anyway
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2007, 2:00 PM
Oh no, Care dumps calls into Accessories!
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 2:41 PM
We call it Greentime and yes we do BUT what happened was this morning they were SO SLAMMED they ended up with a service number that was like not even in the double digits so they have us sitting here dying of bored to bring that number back up around 80. If we get it over 100 they'll send people home.

I seriously don't care, I can sit here and try to not toss my shoe at anybody again. It's almost gone flying again btw. Still no casualties.
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 2:45 PM
whenever they let people go early where i work its alwase the morning shifts (which is not me), and then everyone else gets screwed over in que once all those people leave....it sucks.
warrantyjockey

Jul 11, 2007, 2:46 PM
oh poor baby
JayNSilentBob

Greentime!! we havent had that here in so long 😢
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 2:47 PM
i had greentime on the 4th. second time ive had it in almost 2 years.
warrantyjockey

Jul 11, 2007, 2:48 PM
green time is that when they let you smoke the ganj at work?
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 2:51 PM
yeah....i think its about greentime right now.

JAH MON!!!
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 2:49 PM
they gave GT to all the morning and days on the 4th, I took one call all day that day the same with memorial day but they would send any of the night time people home so i sat all day and took 1 call and made 26 bucks an hour go me!
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 3:00 PM
On the 4th I kept telling my boss "Don't Greentime me, I don't want it!" We were all voluntary working that day, and I LIKE getting paid $20+ an hour to do nothing thanks all the same.
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 2:57 PM
I know. I prefer a lack of it though...

Last summer and the summer before they had hired for the xmas rush and then come June were slammed and sending people home left and right who did not want to go.

There were some people who were not doing well that were sent on what amounted to a two week unpaid vacation because they weren't making the sales and we were not busy enough to keep them around.
krickt

lol, my call center used to not allow flip flops (in the employee handbook) but nobody ever enforced it. I used to wear leather clogs (which were also against the rules) and lose my shoes all the time. I thought that was ridiculous, because I got them from Eddie Bauer, and I was answering EB calls, so they shouldn't be selling anything I couldn't wear to work, right?
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 2:59 PM
You mean they took your shoes away because they weren't approved?

What is this 3rd grade?

And they prefer you run around in your socks all day?

Wow.
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 3:02 PM
Yes didnt you know you were back in elementry school, and mean they make us raise our hands now 🤣
krickt

Jul 11, 2007, 3:08 PM
lol, no, I used to walk out of them, or slide them off. Didn't you read the previous threads where Nikki threw a shoe?

Geez
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 3:10 PM
i never raise my hand....
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 3:12 PM
I do, if thats how they want us to do it Ill wait 30 mins to get assistance not hurting me any
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 4:12 PM
Still crossed into Admin and I see an e-mail saying that my actual accessories department is critically overloaded and has 3 minute hold times and nobody can get off the phones or use break right now!

OMG they make their own emergencies around here!
chkchkchk

Jul 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
A 3 min hold time is an emergency? 😳 Boy, my call center be screwed! We have 'virtual hold' though... if wait time is over 2 mins.
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2007, 1:26 PM
Oh yeah... we start getting fussy if it's a 1 minute hold time! We're pretty crazy but it keeps everybody happy. Of course in MY department we usually have about 2 minutes between calls! Now you see why I don't like being crossed normally.
chkchkchk

Jul 12, 2007, 2:59 PM
When I took a lot of calls, I would've killed for two mins between calls. It was non-stop. All day.

I just about snapped.
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2007, 5:48 PM
The telesales department is more like that, which was why my supervisor always got mad at me about my attitude and chewed me out for being in a bad mood when I got to work every day. ("The beatings will continue until Morale improves.")

It's also the reason I almost quit at the start of the school year and tried so hard to get out of telesales into any other department... I noticed (back when I was new and had a much lower skill setting, so took calls much slower) that when I was taking cals at a more reasonable rate I was much happier with my job and my level of pissed off went up dramatically as the between-call time went down.
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 6:27 PM
the boredom!

Lord... I've spent twenty minutes on the phone with this con artist who swears that he spoke with some person who he never managed to get anything beyond first name from. What's more, I don't recognize it as a first name in the department. He claims this person offered him a free phone that we carry for $50 and that he would get it today. I see notes only on Monday night saying he spoke with somebody about a different phone and that they put in a form for THAT phone.

He's been swearing (minor curses but it doesn't matter, Jesus Christ and d@mn are still unacceptable and swear words.) And I've asked him to stop cursing no less than four times. He says "d@mn isn't a swear word!" "Yes, sir, it is, and I need you to stop ...
(continues)
par_slim

Jul 11, 2007, 6:35 PM
hehehe...mine said she couldnt understand me but she did reply to every question i threw at her...one was a retard, it took her 10 mins to give me the ime! STUPID CUSTOMERS!!! 🤤
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 6:38 PM
your use of the smileys are inappropriate and confusing.....

just thought i'd let you know.
par_slim

Jul 11, 2007, 6:49 PM
i just love smileys....heheheh 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

but i do hear ya! 😁
dilligaff1

Jul 12, 2007, 2:15 AM
That was the beauty of the old AWS. if they cursed, 2 warnings and then transfer to the "RLS" department. Cant do w/ Cing., AKA new AT&T. But my favorite was (refering to a "I want a Supe, Mean or stupid custy's thread) my line to the meanies for a supe was "I'll be the first and last voice you'll hear today". Always got a cust compliment when I was done. I love those Mean custy's. Never got a QA ding for it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.