Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

We cant possibly

DJ Parkay

Jul 10, 2007, 11:31 AM
We can't possibly be the only retail/service industry that has customers that

1. Feel that telling us about their personal problems qualifys them for free stuff

2. Feel that since they are paying for monthly service they should get free stuff.

3. Whine and act like little kids when they are told they are responsible for charges hey ran up themselves.

I bet insurance companys and hospitals probably have to deal with this sillyness too.
M15TER P1NK

Jul 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
nah im pretty sure its just us... and of course after whining and moaning about their broken phone and wanting free stuff... when we dont give it to them were all scam artists... ... ... no you are the scam artist... you are trying to get something for nothing ... i am a retail representitive... im trying to sell you a solution to your problem... like clothing store associates... you have the problem of not wanting to be naked... they will sell you some clothes... mc donalds employees you dont want to die of starvation... they can offer a solution for a price. You have the problem of no phone service because you talked on it out in the rain now its water damaged.... WE have the solution... but you are going to pay for it...
Blumpelstiltskin

Jul 10, 2007, 12:35 PM
"When your TV breaks, do you call the cable company and ask for a free TV?"

that's a line I use several times a week - Yes. We provide you with a phone at a discount price, however that does not make us liable for your drunk friend pushing you in the pool. Remember when I told you insurance was 4.99 a month? You declined. That new razr is going to cost you 221 dollars...

You dropping your phone is not covered by warranty - you are defective, not your phone.
DJ Parkay

Jul 10, 2007, 1:55 PM
I would recommend that from now on you don't put pictures of yourself on message boards.
nonmeatgazer

Jul 10, 2007, 1:59 PM
Well didn't you know that the electric company is giving away appliances so we can use their service? Yeah go try that one... Uh my fridge broke.... can I get a free upgrade.... 🙄
sckoisks17

Jul 10, 2007, 6:29 PM
🤣 That's a great line, I should use that sometime. So long as I know that customer's not going to buy anything else.
vonzippy04

Jul 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
haha that's so true! i like when they threaten us they are going to go to another provider because they are paying ten dollars too much! haha have fun with the cancellation fee 🤣
dilligaff1

Jul 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
I've been eating at your Taco Bell for over 1 year. I want 10 free tacos or I'm going to Jack in the Box !!! 😈 😈
DJ Parkay

Jul 10, 2007, 1:57 PM
I've bee eating your shi++y fastfood for 6 months. I want you to pay for my weight loss program and medical bills.

Better yet, I've been smoking your cigarettes for 16 years, I want you to pay for my iron lung. Oops, people have gotten away with that one..
dilligaff1

Jul 11, 2007, 11:48 AM
God I love ETF's 🤣 🤣 🤣
p_ariel

Jul 11, 2007, 9:06 AM
Well I think we're the ones who get that the most but I do remember having a few customers when I worked for the G Company (hint: its a child clothing store)
There were "regulars" who despite the fact that they were always in there buying clothes for their kids demanded additional discounts as if the double percentages off for the sale and other promos as well as the additional discount they'd get for using our branded credit card wasn't enough.
You would think that being in a child clothing store you would get to see a lot of kids throwing tantrums but in fact it was the parents who would throw tantrums when we didn't have the right size in stock and that they just couldn't bear for their spoiled brat child not to have th...
(continues)
betty_bermuda

Jul 11, 2007, 10:15 AM
i went to the bank when i got off the other day and this guy threw a fit when the bank rep wouldnt let him in (they had closed 10 min prior to him banging on the door)
when i heard him yell "do u know who I am? im here all the time!!" i felt like i was at work again
cilvzwagent

Jul 11, 2007, 10:21 AM
I think it is only Cell Phones. People blame it on the fact that we "require" a contract for servcice.

When I sold Dish Network and DirecTv, they all required a contract just the same, pay a per receiver/box monthly fee, plus the regular programming fee. And yet, those customers understood that if they broke their receivers, or spilled soda on it, or even drunkenly drove over their dish in their yard, that it was at their expense to replace it, not ours.

What is it about Cell Phones???? $4.99/month, you can insure it through us! Or, go add a rider to your homeowners for $10 a year.. It's not that hard of a concept, you break, you buy!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.