Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

4th and working

3gee

Jul 4, 2007, 8:52 AM
I hate working on holidays, especially this one. Anyone in a store even seen a customer today yet if your stores are even open? 😡
shady24

Jul 4, 2007, 9:00 AM
nope and hopefully i dont. id probably just end up smacking someone today.
3gee

Jul 4, 2007, 9:03 AM
Ya me too but at least I am only here til 4
frankiewawa

Jul 4, 2007, 9:06 AM
My store is open. Just openned it 5 minutes ago. 8 hours to go. YEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 👀
chocolateman85006

Jul 4, 2007, 9:17 AM
I work in a call center. Man, do I want to go home!!
MattKnight816

Jul 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ive been at work for a little over an hour and our mall finally remembered to cut on all the lights instead of every 5th one.
frankiewawa

Jul 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
"Ya'll cut on phones here?"
shady24

Jul 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
lol beat me to it.
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
Please tell me you didn't just say "cut on" the lights. Oh dear lord.
frankiewawa

Jul 4, 2007, 1:06 PM
"YALL CUT ON PHONES HERE?" 😳
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2007, 1:33 PM
"I dun tol you once, I gonna tell you 'gain. CUT MA FONE ON NOW!"
frankiewawa

Jul 4, 2007, 2:05 PM
HAHAHA that reminds me of that post you made a looong time ago. Seriously, even to this day, "CUT ON PHONE?" C'mon now...
timslo

Jul 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
Our mall is closing early which means I can leave around 3. Woo hoo!!
timslo

Jul 4, 2007, 11:35 AM
...to working in a mall kiosk is having to work holidays like this. Anyway, I'm out early. Can't complain too much.
Smartass1632

Jul 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
Paid double time and out at 2!!! 😎 🤣 😁
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hallelujah!

I volunteered (!!!) to work today. It's a short shift, and once the rest of the closers get in it's going to be 20 minutes between calls (right now it's 5 minutes) and I'm getting paid double time to sit here and make a baby blanket for my co-worker... since I'm not on commissions I get the same money if I sit here all day and do nothing but pick my nose as I get if I sell 50 accessories.

And I get off at 4, the party starts at 5, I have time to go home, get my room-mate (and the beer!) and drive out. I'm happy to be here!
frankiewawa

Jul 4, 2007, 11:27 AM
come in... wet phone. He tells me its wet and asks why his screen wont come on. well thats reason number 1, because its wet. Then I ask for his cell phone number to see if he is eligible. I get the following response.

Half drunk redneck hick - "What do you need the number for?"

me - "to see if you are able to get a new phone today at the subsidised price."

HDRH - "Oh its uh... 860 uhhhh... I got it here over a year ago at this store."

me - "thats nice but I need the phone number please."

HDRH - "Ok let me go to my car I have it on a piece of paper."

2 min later he returns

HDRH - "Ok the last 4 digits are ____"

me - "and the first 3???"

HDRH - "Oh you know... I got it from you guys at this store."

WTF?????????...
(continues)
attwork

Jul 4, 2007, 11:43 AM
you should start keeping a shotgun under the counter for people like this....do the world a favor...
ATTMark

Jul 4, 2007, 12:20 PM
im open right now by myself , it sucks ass lol
jestcuzzgrl

Jul 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
Would you rather be selling fireworks? I wonder how much they make?
ATTMark

Jul 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
id rather be lighting fireworkds
poweredup

Jul 4, 2007, 2:56 PM
i rather be drinking while lighting fireworks while bar-b-qing while watching women dance on a pole while having a live band play all my favorite songs............ but i am working so i have to look at an empty store for the next 2 hours.
foxiangel5

Jul 4, 2007, 2:37 PM
and im busy...i have 4 new lines out today! not even busy really, everyone that comes up gets a new line!
paddyoc

Jul 4, 2007, 2:40 PM
If only I could be so lucky...Some jerkwad dangled a 5 line plan in front of my face....But hey, I sold a battery....
cellb1tch

Jul 5, 2007, 9:16 AM
I usually request to work on holidays because all we do is sit in the back and watch movies on a laptop. The best part about it is that my boss knows and doesn't care!!! Double time and a half for watching BORAT!! You can't beat that!!!
oudidntkn0w

Jul 5, 2007, 5:13 PM
i sat in the managers office for 90% of the day watching vcast videos on the new chocolate and surfing the net. only had like 6 customers all day.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.