Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

It's an adventure!

Nikoletta

Jun 27, 2007, 3:26 PM
Well hot d@amn! We just got an e-mail saying "If you've parked on the south side of the building." or something to that effect. "You need to move your car... There is a fire."

We have a friggen wildfire burning not 20 feet from our side door but guess what... neither rain nor sleet nor power outage nor snow nor wildfire will close this call center!

It's a friggen adventure every day!

Oh wait, it's getting better! Now they are blocking the doors and not letting anybody outside! So we're trapped in a death-trap with a fire raging along the dry hillside next to us... so when the fire gets up around the building we're screwed.

Oh my gods, I am going to die today aren't I?
charliegirl

Jun 27, 2007, 3:36 PM
😳 please don't die!!!! Are you near the Lake Tahoe fires?
Nikoletta

Jun 27, 2007, 3:44 PM
No, we're in North Idaho, we just have small wild fires running around.
charliegirl

Jun 27, 2007, 3:45 PM
👀 that's still pretty scary!!! We just bought a house last year and whenever I hear about these wild fires and all the houses lost, I get scared! Are they going to let you guys leave?
tmbold

Jun 27, 2007, 3:41 PM
i think you'll be ok, since your a ninja and everything
Nikoletta

Jun 27, 2007, 3:54 PM
Yeah, I can like climb onto the roof and leap from tree to tree to get away.

Oyi, the irony.

Parking in the dirt lot next to tbe building has been forbidden but now they're sending us there to keep away from the fire.
chkchkchk

Jun 27, 2007, 4:12 PM
*nods*

I can see how that makes sense...

/sarcasm
V4Vengeance

Jun 29, 2007, 11:42 AM
I heard about a credit card company's call center that locked people in during a snowstorm so they'd still have someone there to answer the phones. I wondered if they could have called the cops and said they were being held prisoners against their will or kidnapped?
chkchkchk

Jun 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
It happened at my call center during a snowstorm (it was a real doozy--3 feet of snow). We stayed open, still expected people to come to work (and gave 'occurances' to those who didn't) and got fined for it...
Nikoletta

Jun 29, 2007, 3:54 PM
We have just the opposite usually happen.

They didn't want us going out because they didn't want people getting in the way of the fire fighters and stuff.

But if there's a bad storm they've been known to shut down our Colorado center (Not here, we've never been closed for weather.) We had to pick up the slack for them.

Oh, so from what I can see, it looks like the fire was started by a careless smoker. There's a little knoll that you can stand on and look down at the river and if you walk down there you can see butts all over the ground around it, the fire started right on the edge of the knoll so likely somebody just tossed a cigarette butt with it's cherry still glowing and the dry brush caught. I'm sure whoever did it knows it...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.