Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Why do people call me from their cell phones?!

chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 3:52 PM
Don't they know better?
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 3:54 PM
๐Ÿ‘€

I guess not?
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 3:57 PM
Didn't think so.
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 3:59 PM
I thought everybody knew talking was the one completely useless thing a cell phone does. Obviously I was mistaken.
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 4:28 PM
You can make calls on it? Well, I'll be damned!
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 4:31 PM
Yeah, it's a feature not many reps tell people about, seeing as it's one of the more useless features. Who wants to get a phone call when their listening to music or watching YouTube?
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 4:33 PM
Yeah! The sheer nerve of it!
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 4:35 PM
I, for one, think that the next generation of phones that come out should just have talking removed entirely. No one uses it anyway. That's what texting is for, duh.
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 4:38 PM
I do talk, I use most of the other features also.
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 4:43 PM
Lol, I talk too. I've had customers in the past that I kid you not have told me that reception is near the bottom of their priority list becasue they only text. Mostly teenyboppers and cake-eaters, but I still think it's funny.
d3ity

Jun 22, 2007, 6:27 PM
Honestly, it is kind of funny.

Years ago cell phones were all about coverage. Where you could make a call from.

Now... the coverage is just sort of assumed. You can pretty much call from anywhere.

Now it's all about where you can watch live TV, youtube videos, check your email, and back-up your contact list from.

Seriously... I've found myself selling a phone to a customer without even mentioning the fact that it too will both make and recieve telephone calls.
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 6:30 PM
Make AND recieve!?

Unthinkable!!
M15TER P1NK

Jun 22, 2007, 6:08 PM
cp = custy on phone

cp - i was wondering if you had a clip for my phone
m - what kind of phone is it
cp - lg
m - ๐Ÿคจ i need the specific model number
cp - i dont know it
m - itll be printed on the back of the phone behind the battery
cp - lg 1000?
m - thats the battery your looking at itll be behind that take out the battery and check the upper lefthand corner
cp - ok *click*
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 6:10 PM
Haha. Classic.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 22, 2007, 7:37 PM
sometimes i wish i could ask other callers to take out their batter for no real reason...

"hi i tried calling customer care my number is 555 555 5555 and i dont want to be on hold anymore i just want to add textmessaging to my plan and this is redicolous and its bad customer service so have you added that yet cuz i really just dont want to be on the phone anymore and im on break at work and i have to go back in and the sky is really nice today and i decided today that im not wearing any socks that arent pink from this point forward and yesterday i had a hamburger for lunch..."

i seriously had this chick talk for a minute and a half about god knows what but i did gather that she needed to do account matinence which we arent allowed to d...
(continues)
oudidntkn0w

Jun 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
HA thats classic

i always love those calls..

Ill change a feature on their acct, like turning on pix messaging or what not, and then ill say

m- ok you just need to power cycle your phone and then see if it works
c- ok hold on a second, let me do that
m- no problem, i will hold on for you and see if it works
*click*

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.