Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

huh...

ajstrong

Jun 21, 2007, 1:34 PM
so, we have weekly conference calls.

This week, our rep had a segment on iPhone objections. One of hers was "did you know that the iPhone's battery only lasts 8 hours?"
๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
That came from VZ internal documentation PRIOR to the updates recently. I asked her to clarify what she meant by "8 hours" and she couldn't tell me. her answer was something to the effect of "internal blah blah don't know more blah blah not a good phone, blah blah."

I agree that the iPhone does have flaws. It wasn't made by God (sorry, Apple fans) but it's still a great product, and the if the specs are even partially accurate, that's fantastic.

I just wish the person TRAINING US in overcoming objections would actuall...
(continues)
mallbound

Jun 21, 2007, 6:38 PM
Daily News: PM

--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Gartner to IT: Avoid Apple's iPhone
The analyst firm Gartner will tell IT executives to keep Appleโ€™s iPhone away from their networks, in a research report to be released within a week.

Gartner to IT: Avoid Apple's iPhone
IPhone's phone and music player lacks the features business users need, says Gartner.
By Jon Brodkin, NetworkWorld.com, 06/19/07

The analyst firm Gartner will tell IT executives to keep Appleโ€™s iPhone away from their networks, in a research report to be released within a week.

โ€œWeโ€™re telling IT executives to not support it because Apple has no intentions of supporting (iPhone use in) the enterprise,โ€ย Gartner ...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Jun 21, 2007, 6:50 PM
But I bet its gonna out-sell all the other smartphones (stupidphones).
Nikoletta

Jun 21, 2007, 7:01 PM
We still have the Sidekick. The ROKR was their first shot at an iPhone and it shill couldn't beat the Sidekick...

You have millions of little idiots who idolize Paris Hilton who will always want whatever she has.
Wireless Buddy

Jun 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
I have 3 phones that I hate and hate people with them:
1. RAZR (pink, specifically)
2. Sidekick
3. Samsung BlackJack (I have to explain this one: AT&T markets this wonderful smartphone as a music/video playing SMS machine. So stupid rich people go out and buy it. (like Sidekick people). I like the device itself. It's a great PDA.

and iPhone soon.
Wireless Buddy

Jun 22, 2007, 11:41 AM
As well as people who buy BlackBerries with no data plan just for the QWERTY and/or to look like hot ****.

Drives me up a wall. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
DJ Parkay

Jun 22, 2007, 8:37 PM
Then they get mad when they cant get the software updates needed to fix bugs in the phone.
oudidntkn0w

Jun 24, 2007, 12:22 PM
ohh i hate that

"what do you mean you cant update the software in store? customer care sent me here to do it, YOUR GOING TO DO IT NOW!"

"what do you mean i have to download the update? i have dialup! how do i get it from my pc to my phone? what cable? I didnt get a cable with my phone.. backup my info? ive never done that! HOW???"
BeckyMobile

Jun 22, 2007, 1:07 PM
My problem with the iPhone is the same problem I have with any 1st generation data device.

Its going to have some issues for the first six months...software, unforseen physical flaws blah blah blah.

Every data device released in history has had the same problems and this one will too. Then it will normalize and I'm sure it will be a very fun device.

I feel sorry for the cingy reps. I can hear it now: ๐Ÿ˜ก

"I PAID 800 BUCKS FOR THIS AND IT ISN'T TYING MY SHOES RIGHT1 GARARAGG" ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

But then again after all that clears up its gonna be a great thing to have around. ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.