Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Am I the only one who does this?

WhoDey

Jun 18, 2007, 10:25 PM
I will NOT sell a RAZR, KRZR, and I try like hell not to sell any Q's.

They seriously are, the biggest piles of shiat that has ever been loosed on the planet. Yea, no.. I LOVE having my charge port on my Q go about about every other week, I truly love my key latency to be SO high, that I dial 33 in my speed dial instead of 3 because I didnt realize that I needed to wait a week and a half for the phone to realize I dialed 3. I could make a turkey sandwich in the time it takes me to find something in the menu of these damned things.

On top of that, a guy came into the store today and his Q had actually DOWNGRADED when he did the software update.

Jeebus I hate those damn devices
Oylpann

Jun 18, 2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, were not supposed to recommend any particular model over another, but I try to convince the customers that the RAZR is a pos.. I've seen more warranty claims, returns and general bs happen with a RAZR then any other model phone out there.

At one point I was told it was because so many people had the RAZR, it just seemed that there were more issues with that model then the others.. I know thats bs now.
jestcuzzgrl

Jun 19, 2007, 9:44 AM
Thats true. More people have the Razr's. I know people who have had them for like a couple of years with no problems. I think the sony W600i was the worse. Oh and the Nokia 6102 👀
jestcuzzgrl

Jun 19, 2007, 9:50 AM
I take that back 😕
Custys are always wanting something other than the razr. Even a mot v557
Mr. Pickman

Jun 18, 2007, 11:08 PM
Agreed. Unless the person comes up to me and says "You, I want a razr, now." I will generally try to tell them otherwise. I see way too many come back every single day with a turned water indicator or 900 txt in the inbox freezing it up or just the handy dandy blue screen of death (which Motorola was nice enough to actually make blue).
d3ity

Jun 19, 2007, 9:23 AM
I'm just about the same there. I don't sell razrs, krzr's, or q's. Unless...

A. The customer will not take anything else because they are obsessed.

B. The customer has done something to piss me off.
Sprint_GSO_NC

Jun 19, 2007, 1:01 PM
Yea I agree with not pushing the razr/krzr. SOmething about those phones and CDMA is deff not working, yet ive had the moto q on sprint since it came out and have no complaints, i think espically w smart phones and pdas the majority of problems is to blame on user(customer ignorance) error
yeahright

Jun 19, 2007, 4:29 PM
the difference between a sprint and verizon phone is programming only. Verizon is cdma first then pcs, sprint is pcs first then cdma...and it is basically the same crap just different frequency. Back before the whole 911 gps thing we used to put sprint phones on verizon all the time, the only reason you can't do it now is because the system reads them as non 911 compliant because verizon never loaded those serials in the system.

With that said go find some wood and knock on it because your moto bomb is ticking 👀
BigShowJB

Jun 19, 2007, 2:31 PM
how many of you that recommend against the Moto's work for VZW and Cingular? I've been w/ sprint for 6 months now and with our V3m, I have not had a single return yet out of about 50 units.
It just seems to me that every time someone has a legitimate knock against a phone model that I carry, it's the same model (or real damn close) to one that VZW carries. (If it's not the same model, the base is the same like Our RAZR V3m vs. Tmo's V3i)

And most of the time -well over 60%- when I read a negative review of phone, that user has a Verizon unit. WHat the Hell does Verizon do to the phones that make it such a POS?
mallbound

Jun 19, 2007, 2:47 PM
You must be the luckiest person ever. In my kiosk (yes I'm a Sprint dealer) I get so many people complaining about the RAZR it's unbelievable. The battery life is just horrendous, not to mention they will randomly do strange things. We have sold well over 100 of those and now I try my hardest not to sell them. I'll do my darndest to get the customer into a Katana versus the RAZR anyday!
BigShowJB

Jun 19, 2007, 2:58 PM
I like the features of the RAZR better than the katana (which is why i'm looking forward to the KatanaII's release, but everyone i talk to twlls me that the katana is better than the RAZR. It also is over 50% of IPCS's units sold when you add the three colors together. I'm not sure about the whole Sprint network though.
Thank God Sanyo is exclusive to Sprint (and kajeet but they really don't count a whole lot do they?)
WhoDey

Jun 19, 2007, 3:49 PM
Not a single return out of 50 units?!?!?1
Theyre just not bringing them back to YOU.

The freeze
They wont charge
If they do charge, they die within hours
The keypad is so slow you press things multiple times
If you so much as breathe on the water indicator, it pisses itself to a bright red color.

The phone is garbage, and I guarantee youve had some returned, maybe not to your store, or you specifically, but theyve come back.
BigShowJB

Jun 19, 2007, 4:47 PM
nope... I've tracked every account I've sold and the units we sell at our store (indirect) can only be returned to our two locations. So far everyone's been happy with their RAZR. I should make an amendment to my earlier statement. I did have two returns on RAZR's, but not for problems with the phone. One was an exchange to a Samsung M610 and one was exchanged to a Fusic.
yeahright

Jun 19, 2007, 4:31 PM
6 months huh...they should start trickling in any time now 🤣
getsome

Jun 19, 2007, 4:39 PM
i believe that word of mouth is what the customers get rawled up about. they hear that one person had such and such go wrong that if something remotely seems wrong with their phone its automatically the plague. its all psycological with the customer. but we all know whats wrong with 94% of the world.
CptWireless

Jun 19, 2007, 5:15 PM
I just had a couple in the store who were racing all over town to find out who has the least expensive Q. They were on the phone asking out corporate store and me in store about the price. Corporate told him they were junk (their tech has stopped trying to fix Motos all together, since they were losing so much inventory on them), and I backed him up. Every Q I have ever sold has come back, and at least 1/3rd of all my Razrs do.

They ended up going to Best Buy cuz it didn't have a mail-in rebate. I can't wait until they come to me for help on it.
vzwaa

Jun 19, 2007, 5:27 PM
like a wise man once said, "you can take a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls a** but you are gonna take the butchers word for it.
tmbold

Jun 19, 2007, 5:40 PM
ok tommy boy
phoneyphonephone

Jun 19, 2007, 8:10 PM
I have no idea why everyone around these forums seems to hate the razr. It's the best phone the company I work for offers.
Actually, moto anything is, it's pretty much the only thing I reccommend to customers. That or LG.
Never samsung, never starcom/audiovox, and most definetly not a samsung.

But maybe my service is just better then yours. 😁
BigShowJB

Jun 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
who ya workin for boss?
Foamy

Jun 20, 2007, 9:04 AM
You must really hate Samsung to mention it twice.
StarryNight

Jun 20, 2007, 10:54 AM
Ugh. Moto's suck. Well, Nextel motorolas seem to perform really well, but for some reason all the CDMA ones blow.

C290? I've had atleast four randomly stop getting any service after working fine for a year.

RAZR? EASILY over 50% of these come back. I warn every single customer I sell one to about the battery life, key latency, and every other one in the plethera of problems and STILL customers act surprised when their battery won't last more than a day.

KRZR? I hardly sell them, because A) it's a glorified razr and b) they're too damned expensive.

Q? Don't even get me started. I despise windows, and therefore windows mobile. One of my LRC's has the Q and to date the only good things I've heard him say are about it being a PDA...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.