Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

First, you're an idiot, second, that's fraud.

Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
Wow, the r-tards are coming out already and it's far far to early for this crap.

First... The order wasn't in his name, it's his mother's account.

Second... he called it a "Mega-gig memory chip." It's Gigabyte, and he said it was 4 'mega-gigs' which isn't even possible, they only go up to 2 right now.

He got mad because I, unlike the lackwit before me, follow policy and, incidental, the LAW and will only release information to the primary (the stupid little twit placed the order in mommy's name without speaking with her.)

I said, I'm sorry, it's considered fraud for me to release any information without speaking with the person who's name is on the order... so his response?

"Well then can I sue BigPink?"

"Well, no, since i...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
actually there are 4GB chips being released now, but the phones generally don't recognized beyond 2gb

but yes he is a big league r-tard
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 10:55 AM
They may be in the works but they're not out yet and we sure don't have them. lord 'mega-gig' if you don't know what it is you don't need it.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
they make 4 gig micro sds... for cameras and whatnot... they are available at bestbuy... try putting one in any phone though its fun... the one i put in our 8400 just to see what would happen made the memory manager recognize 9999 gigs of memory with 9999 gigs of memory filled... 😳

id call that a megagig...
😉
krickt

Jun 6, 2007, 10:38 AM
Actually, the whole reason you are following the rules is so that the mother has no recourse against you. She has recourse against the child, however.

That's funny. I get three or four kids a month trying to get phones/plans/add ons, on their parent's plans. I tell them to have their mom call me while they are in the store and we'll take care of it.

I don't see them again for a few months then they try again.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 6, 2007, 10:56 AM
i love it when people come in trying to add phones/services/ect to accounts that arent theirs... "what do you mean i cant get a new phone this phone is mine!?"

no its not... its your dads and he needs to be here or grant you authorized usership of the account.

"well hes too damn important and too damn busy to come down and deal with your games"

well then theres nothing i can do for you.

"well im switchin to ______"

thats all fine and good but technically you arent switching anything... you arent currently a customer with us... your dad is...

"well im telling him to switch..."

ok i want to be there for that convorsation...

you need to change carriers because they wouldnt let me access the info on your account without ...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
and stupid ass dad listens to the kid because if he doesn't the kid calls mental child abuse, and they get to the new carrier and hear the same thing all over again right? at least until they deal with mobile pollution..
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Well, not against ME but mommy does have recourse because he was pissed that we let him place the order without mommy being present but then I wouldn't let him access it.

If she didn't want the order placed in the first place she has solid legal grounds, but him, not a twig to stand on.
expectpwnage

Jun 6, 2007, 11:01 AM
Nikoletta said:
.....which isn't even possible, they only go up to 2 right now.

actually samsung just put out an 8 gig version.
and you can easily buy a 4 gig online.
you were correct on everything else
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 11:08 AM
None of which will work in a phone.

SDHC card slots don't exist on any phones that I'm aware of...yet
expectpwnage

Jun 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2205 »

😲 😲 😲

🙄
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
Nowhere in that article does it list that there is a phone made to support SDHC. It simply suggests that phones such as that Nokia with all it's media functions could benefit from such a rediculous ammount of storage... That is, if that phone could support it.
expectpwnage

Jun 6, 2007, 11:50 AM
the nokia n75 supports it i know. there are a few others from overseas carriers.
i really didn't put that up to read about the phones that support that much storage, just letting you know your were incorrect in stating 2gigs is a big as they make them.
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
2GB is the limit for SD, SDHC starts out at 4 and perhaps can go upwards of that.

There are NO microSD cards bigger than 2GB. There ARE SDHC cards bigger than 2GB.

Even though they are both apparently "types" of SD... just as a poodle and a pit bull are types of dog...
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
there is only a couple phones out right now that can read SDHC's....

but

apparently there are a couple compression programs you can download to increase mini and Micro SD capacity ... check www.mytreo.net and www.phonenews.com
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
Really? What phones can read SDHC?
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
they are not US realeased yet, but nokia has two out and i think Moto has one either out or coming out for international
ralph_on_me

Jun 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
The new Blackberry Curve supports it.
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
Cool...good to know.
ralph_on_me

Jun 6, 2007, 11:47 AM
It's the first one I've heard of in the US, but I asked RIM specifically three weeks ago at a little meeting we had over the Curve and they said as soon as the cards are out, it will support it.

I haven't even filld up 512 mbs yet.
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
8830? perhaps?
ralph_on_me

Jun 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
I didn't ask about the 8830 since that's not a GSM device, but that's more like the 8800 than the 8300.
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
We don't carry anything larger than 2 gig, so he couldn't have ordered a 4, our system doesn't recognize them as existing.
expectpwnage

Jun 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
blackandyellow

Jun 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
Check out your facts next time you decide to post about a particular products availability Nikoletta. SanDisk has already launched microSDHC™ (which is bundled with their MicroMate™ SD/SDHC Reader for use in a USB 2.0 slot (a USB 1.1 will work as well but at a slower rate for data transfer). Not all devices are compliant with microSDHC™ cards, but more and more wireless device manufacturers (like Samsung and Palm) are working on firmware upgrades. Overall Nikoletta, your post was quite entertaining. Sad to say moronitis isn't confined to one particular sex (people wonder about blonde jokes). 😎
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 1:00 PM
Oh for the love of all that's not painful... I know my facts, and you just said it... the card that is larger than 2 gig is a MicroSDHC... not MicroSD... which is what the phones need, since, as they are currently debating further up this thread, they aren't readable I can safely say that there isn't a MicroSD card larger than the 2 gig BUT I also posted a corrections (under the heading of Correction) saying that ok, they may make cards that are the same size with larger memory, but not that we sell since it's not compatible with the phone he was ordering for.

I appreciate that you are entertained, I just wish you wouldn't start out with something confrontational about the facts before reading the rest of the posts on the thread since we ...
(continues)
blackandyellow

Jun 6, 2007, 2:38 PM
I do apologize sincerely Nikoletta. I wouldn't mind you beating me though. 😉
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 3:11 PM
*hands Nikoletta some poo on a stick*

Let the beating begin!
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 3:15 PM
Should I use a whip or a cane? 🤤
Foamy

Jun 6, 2007, 3:23 PM
You do realize that's ray carroll, right?
Nikoletta

Jun 6, 2007, 5:02 PM
So?
blackandyellow

Jun 6, 2007, 9:23 PM
Actually my name has a "J" in it. 😎
ralph_on_me

Jun 6, 2007, 9:43 PM
BlackandJello?
babyrayb

Jun 6, 2007, 9:47 PM
big black and j-lo?
blackandyellow

Jun 7, 2007, 6:25 AM
No, my real name at Sprint's Cable JV.
blackandyellow

Jun 6, 2007, 9:23 PM
Which ever Nikoletta would get you all hot and bothered. 😉
ralph_on_me

Jun 6, 2007, 3:17 PM
Also those new cards aren't in production yet.
kreeves

Jun 6, 2007, 3:19 PM
Don't worry about it. He uses every opportunity available to hop on a pedestal and kick someone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.