Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Well that's not an Upgrade

Nikoletta

Jun 3, 2007, 6:26 PM
So I was working in Admin the other day and a customer care agent and I got to wade through a pretty interesting pile of customer stupidity.

I'll tell this as I picture it happened...

Our clever boy in question is clearly such a Luddite that he doesn't actually know how to use that fancy computer his son set up for him. He goes on it to play solitaire and look up the weather on that interweb thing. Today he's going to use it to upgrade (so he thinks) his BigPink phone. He's heard that he's entitled to a free phone every year (at least) and wants to get a good one. He's also heard (from the same cousin) that the Pearl is a good phone so that's what he deserves. He fires up the AOL icon and types in "BigPink" into the bar that comes...
(continues)
aavera

Jun 3, 2007, 6:43 PM
I think I can actually picture you banging your head against the desk after dealing with that!
Nikoletta

Jun 3, 2007, 6:52 PM
Just shaking it going "What were you thinking?"
sprint_dude_87

Jun 3, 2007, 6:58 PM
i would have a mental picture of me performing the worst kind of physical punishment i could think of.
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:37 PM
BART!!!!!!!!!! WHY YOU LITTLE.......!!!!!!
😈 😈 😈 😈
ralph_on_me

Jun 4, 2007, 11:19 AM
I had a guy do that at Cingy about two weeks back as well. He walked in with a new phone and said he wanted to put his number on it. We asked him where he got the phone and he said through the internet.

With us, when you get a phone via the internet you simply call an activation number and you're set, and we told him all he had to do was call the number that came with his phone. Well, he'd already done that, so we looked at his phone and it had a different number assigned to it. He said he'd clicked on some ad on a webpage for a free phone, filled out the info not thinking he would actually get a phone, and then a few weeks later it arrives at his house to his surprise and delight.

I wonder if he ever got that service canceled...
jalanjalaning

Jun 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
😢 😢 people are so stupid!! 😢 😢
Webb

Jun 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
It had the word free in it. How could it possibly be a scam? (Durrrr.)

I propose taking out web ads offering a free bitchslap. Clicking on the link refers the clickee to a waiver/release. It probably won't be that profitable (but you can always fill the site with ad content), but it would probably be theraputic to deliver the 'prizes'.
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 1:19 PM
Ok 1) This guy doesn't need a Blackberry
and 2) I bet Inphonics will slap him with a nice $200 ETF on top of BigPink's if he cancels (which he deserves)

At some point people have to take responsibility for things they agree to. Like when I bought my car, I sat there for an hour reading every single Term and Condition before I signed the paperwork, because I knew once I signed it that was it. No 15 day return policy, nothing (which I knew from reading the Terms and Conditions) I even asked questions about many of them... the sales guy thought I was crazy, but he also said it was really good that I read it all.

The moral is:
The more you inform yourself about a product or service you are purchasing, the happier you will be with it; you...
(continues)
Johanisu19

Jun 4, 2007, 6:23 PM
I had a lady that did this with her son sitting there and they said it never gave then a option to use current CTN. She came in to see why the VM was dialing a different number I reprogram it and it stops working I was confused! when i pulled up account I go o they put it on your other account. Easy fix and she goes "What other line?" luckily I know a few Higher ups and just got auth for her to return and do an agreement transfer. 😁
DJ Parkay

Jun 4, 2007, 6:37 PM
No but someone @ corporate will cave to him.
Nikoletta

Jun 5, 2007, 2:40 PM
Can't. He's still within OUR cancellation time-line... but not InPhonics... They have their own contract and cancellation fee, we can't waive that, we're not the ones charging it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.