Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Amazing

Nikoletta

May 31, 2007, 8:30 PM
The RAZR is still fanatically popular, I really don't get it. (And I'm talking the V3, oldschool phone.)

Crappy Camera

No MP3 player

No Expandable Memory

Low Data Speed

Literally the only remarkable thing about it is the name and the fact that it's thin (which isn't even that unique anymore, Samsung has phones out that are ultra-thin too that we carry.)

I just spent 20 minutes speaking with a woman who was adamant about getting a RAZR (again, just the V3) despite the fact that she was paying $80 more than she would have paid for a phone by Samsung that was smaller, had a better camera, and had the MP3 player in it (a free phone) because she 'really wanted the RAZR.)

I didn't get it when it was new, I still don't get it.
(continues)
TmoBrett

May 31, 2007, 8:51 PM
I haven't read anything this entirely true on here in a long time.
kapwww

Jun 1, 2007, 8:43 AM
I had a guy yesterday ask me my opinion on the VZW Razr. I told him I would never use one myself. I only stock them because some people insist on having them, but there were far better phones for the same price or less.

The jackass bought it anyhow. Oh well. His loss.
jalanjalaning

Jun 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
yeah, they ask you, you tell them honestly, and they still get it... if it was me i would be embarrassed to get it; i would order it online... but then again, i would never use it...
krickt

Jun 2, 2007, 12:12 PM
lol, I'm hoping my current phone lives long enough for us to get something cool besides a Moto product. I'm willing to keep paying $50 for an insurance replacement phone just to keep from buying one, but dangit! My carrier doesn't have anything but moto products that do mp3, video.... We need an LG with pict bridge or something!
d3ity

Jun 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
I used to have a Razr. I used to love the thing... that Mini-USB A charging port that I already had about 12 cables that fit... Worked great for free ringtones that no carrier offered...

I went through a v3... then the v3i, then the v3r, then the v3x... it's amazing how many problems those phones have. I broke three of them simply by sleeping with them in my pocket.. the fourth died when the keypad simply stopped working after it sat on my desk for a night.
Bock

Jun 2, 2007, 12:34 PM
I've found when this occurs that the person is buying the phone for someone else that specifically requested it by name.

The one you're talking to probably didn't know the first thing about phones, and wanted to do right by the person they were gifting the phone to.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.