Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

and i thought i couldn't be suprised anymore... (long)

jalanjalaning

May 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
so i was just talking to this lady about upgrading her phone... her 3 year old was running all around getting her hand prints on everything so she picked her up and put her on the counter. The kid crawled across the glass counter and picked up the enV. My instant reaction was to quickly release it from the child's grip and put it back into the case, and i did, and the mother looked at me like i was a horrible person. We continue talking about the phones and her kid is screaming and screaming so she takes her RAZR (pink) out of her purse and gives it to the kid... the kid goes over to the edge of the hall (i'm on the second floor of the mall) and holds the phone in between the sections of glass (i know, who designed this place anyway?) and ...
(continues)
Athanatoi

May 25, 2007, 12:28 PM
We have little squishy Sprint footballs that we hand out to little kids so they don't touch anything else 🙂
TIERRA226

May 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
I want one 😁 I give kids our old dummy phones. Shuts them up so I can make my sale. 🤣
jalanjalaning

May 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
we've been out of dummy phones for ages 😢
TIERRA226

May 25, 2007, 12:47 PM
I have some laying on the counter now. I work in a warehouse and this lady works up and ask me how come I have phones laying on the counter and that someone might steal them. They can if they want, they'll be real disappointed. 🤣
jalanjalaning

May 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
i'm jealous.
knn_dm

May 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
We really need to start giving customers some sort of stupidity test before purchasing.
TIERRA226

May 25, 2007, 12:33 PM
A customer of mine has an Razr and has Power Vision on his account (Sprint). He goes online, uses his BT, etc. Comes to my store and complains about battery life. His wife has the same phone and says hers work perfect. Not knowing any better I exchanged the phone twice after second time, I told him to start carrying chargers with him. That's what I do 🤣
krickt

May 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I had a custie do that to me, as well. Finally, I explained that he needed to buy a double charger with an extra battery, no more exchanges. It wasn't the phones fault. He called CS and for once, they agreed with me. His wife came in as we were checking him out, and told him that using it 3+ hours a day as a MP3 player would tax any battery much less one that was trying to power a phone at the same time. I rolled my eyes, and talked him into a third battery. I haven't seen him since.
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 12:38 PM
you have n't seen him because he got pissed that you didn't give him the answer he wanted and he is trying to get it from someone else.
kapwww

May 26, 2007, 9:14 AM
If the phone was made well, nobody would want ot pay for it. They want it free, indestructable, and they want the software to be perfect with no updates needed.

My wife and I have had 10 phones in the last 5 years and have never had a major problem. One time I had a display that was showing everything upside down. A tech swapped out the top of the phone in 5 minutes and I was back in business. My first two phones were dropped all the time because they were always on holsters. Even with the dropping, they continued to work. I can only imagine what people must be doing to their phones to have so many problems.
krickt

May 26, 2007, 9:21 AM
I keep a basket on my desk filled with dead phones. There's a story, and sometimes a name taped on most of them. When people ask what they are there for, I tell them that some people don't believe that they need insurance until their name and story end up in that basket. You would not believe how many times a month I see phones that have either been dropped/thrown from moving vehicles or run over. You wouldn't think it could happen more than a couple of times a year, but I get something similar multiple times a month.
You don't really want to know the creativity involved in breaking phones in redneck America.
kapwww

May 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
I've heard the unthinkable too. I explain to every customer the ramifications of insurance and exactly what will happen with or without it. I don't make anything commission for selling insurance. I offer it because I don't want my customers thinking they get a free phone for being a jackass when they are no where near eligible. I don't want them to yell at me when I have to sell them at full retail. I have a box full of crap that I can salvage some parts off of, but I don't tag it with stories. I may have to take that idea.
krickt

May 26, 2007, 2:13 PM
We don't write the whole story on it, just the topic, like rotweiler attack, pomeranian love, escaped through window, that kind of thing. We know the whole story based on what it's called. For example, I had a teenager that liked to train his rotweilers to retrieve his phone for him. Well, one day he had it set on vibe and ring, and when it vibed in his mouth, the rotty chewed it to bits. In less than 20 seconds.

The pomeranian just nibbled on a phone, and slobbered on it until it was so liquid damaged and pierced that it wouldn't work any more. He also chewed up the charger cord.

My favorite this year is the man that had a fight with his girlfriend over the phone, he hung up on her, tossed his phone onto the dash of his truck...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

May 26, 2007, 3:25 PM
I can't believe USCC pays you guys for insurance. None of the carriers I've sold (I've sold all of the major carriers) pay for that.
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
iPCS is goig to start paying on add-ons today, as long as we get 65% attachment
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 12:40 PM
because phones aren't being made by people who know what quality is anymore in US and developed countries. Malaysia and other (un) "developing" areas are making the phones for extremely cheap labor and cheap labor makes cheap products
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 12:35 PM
that doesn't surprise me .. in today's over-liberalized hippie world, the parent is never at fault and neither is the kid. the blame always gets passed to someone else (us our our company), and when you try to defend yourself or your company, you just end up portraying yourself as another corporate stooge in their eyes.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.