Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

*REAL* Cingular Customer Service/Sales/Tech

Tarabottamoos

May 24, 2007, 7:54 AM
I saw a commercial the other day for unlimited talk and unlimited texting. Now, I'm not dumb or not up on my research, but my call center has this TERRIBLE habit of not rolling stuff out to us until the DAY of the change, and I for one, am sick of it. I wasn't aware we had anything involving unlimited talk unless they're finally going to promote the crap out of Unity plans and the mobile-to-mobile, mobile-to-ATT landline unlimited calling. Does any one who actually works directly for the company have any information on what's being/going to be offered so I have at least a little heads up??? I am tired of the ads being more current than we are, and falsely advertising ("4.99 unlimited text" ring a bell?)
p_ariel

May 24, 2007, 8:57 AM
😳
we have unlimted talk?!
yeah my call center sucks
you know they didn't even warn us about the new opening till the day it changed and we only found out because someone pointed out that it was written on the white board
if this is their way to promote the unity plans they're gonna f*ck it up just like they did the m2m text and people are gonna be maaaaad..and who's gonna have to deal with misinformed angry customers??
US! 😡
Hombre07

May 24, 2007, 9:39 AM
The Unlimited talk & text refers to AT&T customers ONLY. By unlimited talk they mean Mobile to Mobile. The unlimited text they refer to is the $5 ADD ON to any existing plan. This gives unlimited to other AT&T customers. The real Unlimited Texting is the $19.99 a month.
Tarabottamoos

May 24, 2007, 10:33 AM
I knew the *real* unlimited txt is 19.99--- we found that out "day of" as well-- ok-- so, basically- nothing new- same old, same old with new, slightly deceptive packaging? Sweet.
ralph_on_me

May 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
What they're not saying in the commercials or only putting in fine print at the bottom of the screen is "Unlimited to Cingular customers."

👿
cremz

May 24, 2007, 10:33 AM
I agree, I think they should just lose the 5 dollars and include it in their bundles anyway. But anything to get the ARPU up. Those commercials are terrible too, atleast on person a day comes into the store to put unlimited text on for $5. It's shady, but I have to say we do get more people in to sell to.
ralph_on_me

May 24, 2007, 11:00 AM
For my they come in and ask for unlimited texting. I then ask if they want the unlimited m2m texting for $10 or unlimited to everyone for $20. Then they ask what's up, and I explain it to them in the way the ads should have from the beginning.
cremz

May 24, 2007, 11:02 AM
yea that is a good way, we just love the confusion and hope to bring them in only to crush their dreams and sell them accys or upgrades...
ralph_on_me

May 24, 2007, 11:03 AM
I'm sure the goal of any marketing campaign is just to get people to ask about it or get them into the store. Once they're talking, you have the option to show them everything else.

Has anyone else seen the vCast music ID service commercials? Cingular's had it for nearly a year and never marketed it.
mobilecsr

May 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
Actually,I dvr'd the commerical and paused it..Not in the fine print,either. We have the same thing in newspaper ads here,and it's not on there either. I think they messed that one up.
ralph_on_me

May 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
ouch! They could find themselves in trouble for that. Are they spinning it as "$5 more" as they announced they would or just as, "for $5"?
Tarabottamoos

May 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
Ditto what I said in above response: same stuff, different, if slightly deceptive, packaging.
mobilecsr

May 24, 2007, 10:39 AM
I can't say lawsuite..But I do agree it's misleading. And it does somewhat imply mobile to mobile,But that's only if your smart enough to understand it.
ralph_on_me

May 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
What kind of crazy company would create advertisements to lure in smart customers?
Tarabottamoos

May 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
DO I smell a lawsuit coming?
cremz

May 24, 2007, 10:36 AM
No I don't really think anyone will persue it. Plus it says "to the largest network of users" which implies mobile to mobile

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.