Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Correlation

Nikoletta

Apr 15, 2007, 1:15 PM
So we like to use cars as a comparison for phones and I have one...

This woman lost the back to her Sidekick 3... which she says she's only had for a week. She has insurance on her phone and I haven't the faintest idea what that covers... the insurance is through Asurion... me, frankly I don't give a crap, insurance claims go through the INSURANCE COMPANY... not the service provider...

But she wanted to replace the back via the insurance and when I said that to make a claim on her insurance policy she needs to speak with the insurance company she lots her mind... "This is Bull$417! and screaming at me like it's going to make any difference. I asked her to please not swear and warned her that if she swore I would have to disconnect th...
(continues)
frankiewawa

Apr 15, 2007, 1:19 PM
This is the truth. And for whatever reason some people think insurance covers that. And it doesn't. It covers if the phone got lost, stolen, physically damaged or water damage etc... not a lost back piece.
yodude

Apr 15, 2007, 1:35 PM
I wanna know how she lost the backpiece in the first place...
Nikoletta

Apr 15, 2007, 1:41 PM
It happens CONSTANTLY with the Sidekicks, RAZRs, and the Blackberries.
SatansQueen

Apr 15, 2007, 1:48 PM
Why in the world would someone take the back off, what are they doing to those phone 🤨
yodude

Apr 15, 2007, 1:51 PM
Trying to see how they can bust it and then blame it on us. haha.
SatansQueen

Apr 15, 2007, 2:14 PM
🤣 That explains a lot
krickt

Apr 16, 2007, 9:57 AM
I tell them to go buy a faceplate and just use the battery cover. It's usually cheaper to do that than order a OEM replacement, and you don't have to deal with snickering dealers.
Nikoletta

Apr 15, 2007, 1:41 PM
It doesn't matter if it covers it or not, I was pretty sure it doesn't but she was insistent that it did and for her to get anything through the insurance she has to talk to... surprise... the insurance.
eDreamerz

Apr 15, 2007, 2:37 PM
Regardless if it is covered she will more than likely still have to wait until the phone has been on her account for 30 days before making a claim with Asurion.
knn_dm

Apr 15, 2007, 3:35 PM
buying a new back on ebay would probably be a whole lot cheaper than doing an insurance claim. What a tool? 🤣
Nikoletta

Apr 15, 2007, 4:53 PM
We carry the backs, she can get one for $30, but she wants it free.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 16, 2007, 10:57 AM
I dont bloody get it...

car breaks you need to go to a mechanic or your car doest get fixed....

computer breaks you need to bring it to a computer technition or it doent get fixed...

phone breaks you need to bring it to a PHONE REPAIR CENTER OR IT DOESNT GET FIXED... and no amount of screaming at me is going to make my store a repair center... no i cant fix your phone... i cant replace your phone... its not what we do... like Nikki said... a car dealership does not replace cars when you break them... insurance does... and dont complain to me that there is a deductable... all insurance companys have one... stop complaining to me about how things work because i have no problem with it... probably because i have a decent understanding ...
(continues)
ABLINDKID

Apr 17, 2007, 12:43 AM
here is one reason i like being a technician for (solectron) in the verizon stores, we usually keep extra back covers when someone like buys an extended battery with a back cover, if we have the extra we will give it to the customer for free, if we dont have it we usually send the customer packin to another store, but seriously though a week and she really lost the back cover, tell her she should stop tampering with the product and she wouldnt of lost the piece, sounds like complete user error, and when every i have a customer that wants us to replace the phone instead of the insurence, i usually ask them tell me how that works out for you....needless to say they arent usually happy about it....but what ever tell them they can either pay the...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.