Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Linksys Wireless Broadband Router

M15TER P1NK

Apr 13, 2007, 3:27 PM
Just for informations sake in case anyone elses store is carring this product yet heres the deal on how to get it workning... took me two hours so to save you the headache heres what to do...

1. Install Software
2. Attach Hardware
3. Update Firmware
- Go to Sprint.com/downloads (or the download site for whatever carrier you work for) Download the firmware update to the computer. (basically just plug the card into the laptop for this step)
4. Enter the router IP address into internet explorer (you can find this in the status section of the connection in your "my network connections"
5. once the IP is entered the Router setup screen should appear. Go to Administration and update the firmware. (hit browse and select the .bin patch you j...
(continues)
brentgodwin

Apr 13, 2007, 4:38 PM
why is this posted here??
M15TER P1NK

Apr 13, 2007, 5:06 PM
to avoid emps spending 2 hours trying to figure out what i already learned
krickt

Apr 13, 2007, 5:27 PM
I didn't know the thing would do that! I'll print up your instructions and show to our Computer tech (my hubby). We have been setting up wireless routers forever, but not on any of the carriers. I didn't know they would! That's kinda cool. Except it probably won't work with USCC, but it's cool anyway.
MrAbstracto

Apr 13, 2007, 7:16 PM
CHANGE THE PASSWORD ON THE ROUTER!!
mallbound

Apr 15, 2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks man. I forwarded that on to the rest of my comrads. I mean we haven't sold one or been asked to set one up yet (we are in a non EVDO market) but good info none the less. Thanks!
Crapbag

Apr 15, 2007, 1:05 PM
Is this a device built for Sprint or just your standard Lynksys Wireles Router? I don't understand what the application is you are reffering to. Are you setting it up with a sprint wireless broadband card or is this a router built to work on the sprint network complete with ESN?
SatansQueen

Apr 15, 2007, 1:31 PM
It's a Linksys router that is compatible with some of the Sprint PCMCIA cards, you buy the card and router seperately
SatansQueen

Apr 15, 2007, 1:32 PM
Great, easy to follow instructions 😁 I think I will pass this on to some of our ATS n00bs

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.