Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

PLEASE

mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 3:24 PM
I JUST SPENT 22 MINS TOUBLESHOOTING A PHONE THAT COULDN'T GET A SIGNAL(WITH THE CUSTOMER IN THE STORE) AND FOUND OUT THAT THE CUSTOMER THOUGHT HE COULD STILL USE HIS OLD SIM CARD????????????????????????????????????????? ?????CAN THEY PLEASE BE SMARTER???!!! 🙄
J-Five

Apr 11, 2007, 3:26 PM
Sadly enough, been there... done that. Frustrating as all hell.
bdizzle

Apr 11, 2007, 3:30 PM
What I dont understand is, how does a customer forget to mention that they changed the sim card back to their old one?

Would you go in to a TV store and tell them that your Tv will not turn on, and leave out the fact that you swapped the ECU?

I can understand them not understanding that switching to an old sim card will not work, but come on! Maybe provid a little info as to not waste our time.

I have learned recently that my time is more valuable than customers, and I am going to start charging for it!
ralph_on_me

Apr 11, 2007, 3:37 PM
This sounds like a case of the customer purchasing from the internet. Am I close?
mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 3:41 PM
nope,at the store...and JUST SO THEY KNOW....CLOSING THE PH DOES NOT MEAN ITS POWERED OFF!!!!!! CAN U GET CALLS WHEN ITS CLOSED...UMMM YES! SO ITS STILL ON!! 🙄
ralph_on_me

Apr 11, 2007, 4:24 PM
Honestly, that makes them even dumber. When people buy phones online they'll usually just stick their old SIM into the new one, not realizing that when they finally call in to activate them it will activate their new SIM and deactivate their old one.

If it's done in a store and the rep puts a new card into your phone that's active, and then you put the old SIM in and expect it to work... well there's some education that needs to be done there.
ralph_on_me

Apr 11, 2007, 3:36 PM
I just had a customer come in who couldn't make or receive calls. They hadn't paid their bill yet.

I've been doing this long enough to check the small stuff first.
mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 3:45 PM
I would have checked the sim # first,but the AGENT that called in adv. that he had already checked that 😕
johnnyslick

Apr 11, 2007, 4:05 PM
Who? The customer or the store? 'Cause it kinda sounds to me like they both weren't behaving terribly brightly. At least the customer has the excuse that he doesn't work in the cellular phone industry and wouldn't necessarily know that using an old SIM card is not acceptable.
mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 4:28 PM
i agree completely..however,wouldn't you know that you had a working ph,after you put in the sim for the old ph..it didn't work in the new phone??WHAT PART OF THAT MADE YOU DRIVE TO A STORE TO GET IT FIXED??? NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!
mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 4:29 PM
OR MAYBE HE JUST WANTED AN UPGRADE...AGAIN 🤣
frankiewawa

Apr 11, 2007, 6:17 PM
Is with the caps and assload of ????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????? ??????????

?
mobilecsr

Apr 12, 2007, 9:47 AM
Sorry to have offended you with my gramar. I was just really bothered by the situation. Please forgive me?! 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.