Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Cell Phone Virus

lexi0707

Apr 3, 2007, 5:44 PM
The other day we had a customer come in asking for a code to deactivate the virus that was being sent to all cells via text. (according to her this virus makes your phone heat up melt and or explode) She was terrified that this was going to happen to her phone and keep insisting that we do something about it...
It took three of us to convince her that her phone was not going to melt or explode.
I'm still don't think she beleived us when she left... 🙄
chainsaw

Apr 3, 2007, 5:49 PM
lol, thats hillarious. I had a lady one time that asked me to scan her phone for bugs because her ex was buggin her phone. She was suprised when I didn't have, "one of those wand thingies"

Then a family friend that got addicted to meth was paranoid and keeps changing her number because people are tapping into her phone to steal her and her friends identities. Whacko's
Cell_Queen

Apr 5, 2007, 10:11 PM
I had a customer today that was kind of talking about the same thing on the text message virus.... Said they recieved an sms from someone and then their screen went blank...they said it was from the sms...I was like it is impossible to have your phone do that from recieving an sms they would not believe me that it was a phone issue....

I always laugh when people think that someone is hacking into their cell phones and stealing their minutes and listening to their convos...im like come on lay off the crack!
krickt

Apr 6, 2007, 10:12 AM
Had a customer come into the store in tears because her ex hubby told her that he had a code that could hack into USCC's system. With this code he could see every person she txted to and the contents of each message.

She Believed Him! It took me an hour to explain that it couldn't happen, and even the CS reps can't see or access those things without a court order.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.