Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

T-mobile Reps...

SarahJo

Mar 25, 2007, 11:47 AM
Okay, so as some of you know, I currently work for Cingular Wireless doing Warranty Exchanges. I just went on a job interview yesterday for t-mobile for the Retail Sales position, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback? Like, how do you like working there, is the pay good, is it easy to make your quota and make money?

Just hoping I'm not making a big mistake! Thanks.
Nikoletta

Mar 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't work a store, I work in the call center but... for a Mobile Phone company, overall, T-Mobile isn't so bad... it's fairly good service, and the Customer Care people you will have to deal with are usually pretty decent... most of them are downright friendly, so that's a definite perk. The Credit Check people are almost universally great, so if you have to call them you can usually look forward to speaking with somebody who is pretty nice and generally competent.

That's really the best take I can give you, from my end, is that the other departments you are going to end up working with and through are generally competent and decent people... just please don't call Telesales, that makes us cranky.
SarahJo

Mar 25, 2007, 2:37 PM
That's good. I hate incompetence. I've never worked in a commision-based environment before, so I'm just worried that I'll.. well... suck.
Nikoletta

Mar 25, 2007, 3:44 PM
You probably won't suck, what's going to suck is working in the commission base... Don't get me wrong, you can make massively more money that way but the stress and pressure are a lot worse... I finally gave up on it and begged to be transfered over here to accessories, where it's just hourly (we get a dollar more an hour than the telesales jokers but no commission, my paycheck is going to be slightly smaller but at least I can count on mine being the same every payday.)

Some people really thrive on the challenge, I'm just not one of them. I have a feeling that the stores are better in that regard, since they're not counting calls, it's just a number of adds every payday, as opposed to adds vs calls, which was really what made it stink, ...
(continues)
SarahJo

Mar 25, 2007, 4:30 PM
Well, apparently the store I might get hired at is going to team-based commision so it'll be a lot easier to make money. *cross fingers*
paddyoc

Mar 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
T-mobile is the bomb. I'm not so fond of their service, but it's a great job. Customers are #1 and they have great potential as a company.
SarahJo

Mar 27, 2007, 10:59 AM
I hope so. I'm really counting on this!
Nikoletta

Mar 27, 2007, 4:02 PM
You've got a point there, when you say Customers are #1, BigPink DOES make a point of being a little more 'customer friendly' than some companies, which is to say we try pretty hard to treat our customers, especially existing customers, well.
DJ Parkay

Mar 25, 2007, 12:18 PM
They have a store across the street from us and we hate on them constantly!
SarahJo

Mar 25, 2007, 2:36 PM
That was extremely helpful. Thanks 🙄
DJ Parkay

Mar 25, 2007, 3:30 PM
Glad to be of service 😁
paddyoc

Mar 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
If you are confident in your product, there is no need to slam the competition....
chocolateman85006

Mar 25, 2007, 7:42 PM
Where at? I wanna go too?
SarahJo

Mar 25, 2007, 9:36 PM
Same area we're in. Right by Pick up Stix.
soldmysoul4cellular

Mar 26, 2007, 8:52 AM
if your already work for cingular's exchange center...why not just go for a rep in a cingualr store...all areas are different...but you should generally make 40 on the low end and 60 on the high end...it sucks as a job...but any customer facing retail sales job does suck no matter what company you work for...this much i know
SarahJo

Mar 26, 2007, 9:26 AM
I don't want to work for Cingular because I hate them. I want them to be a bad memory.
soldmysoul4cellular

Mar 26, 2007, 9:34 AM
hahaha how bout this i won summit in my area (pa) the ONLY darn rep in pa to win...and the day i come back im putting my two weeks in 🤣 so i can totally feel your pain!!!!! but....understand...i worked for verizon wireless for 2 years as well....and i HATED verizon like you would not believe..even worse than i do this place.....and i was just as successful as i am here....ALL major compaines are evil and we as the "front line" people will always get the short end of the stick....but good luck with your new endevor!!!!!
not2brite

Mar 26, 2007, 9:40 AM
I don't agree...but that's your opinion.

It's what you make of it...
soldmysoul4cellular

Mar 26, 2007, 9:52 AM
what do you not agree about?
robmacatt

Mar 26, 2007, 9:40 PM
dam dont get into those core stores. they do a caping process on those front line employees.
you can get int o a family owned franchise. im working at a authoized dealer for cingular and i get alot more benifits for the hard work i bring into the company. they bles you progressivly for the extra work 🙂
SarahJo

Mar 26, 2007, 9:53 PM
I have no clue what the hell you just said.
Fear The Cubans

Mar 27, 2007, 11:45 AM
He's saying that there is a cap in how much they will pay you for your activations. they work on a multiplier system with your quota, which is good and bad. if you exceed your quota, you get paid out on a percentage (ex 110%), and the more you sell over the quota, the bigger the multiplier gets (ex quota = 25, you sell 30, 120%, but with multiplier, you'll get paid out at 135% - just an example, not definite figures).

on the other side of that though is if you don't hit quota, you'll get paid out less (ex. quota = 25, you sell 20, 80%, but you'll get paid out at 70%).

they also did just move to the team based commission bonuses, which again, is good and bad. its all based on percentages, and there's a specific goal for each month (hitt...
(continues)
SarahJo

Mar 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
Well, I'd rather work for corporate. I personally don't care for indirect dealers.

But thank you for clarifying that for me!
chocolateman85006

Mar 27, 2007, 1:31 PM
Yeah! Corporate people hoopk theie employees up!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.